Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2004, 04:55 PM  

hey a2 john stossel called and wants his show back. :P

Old 03-19-2004, 05:45 AM  
A2

Well he can't have it back....
It's mine...

I like how Texas State has a big sign for Aquarena Springs, with a beuitful picture of the hotel.
Then you drive under the sign, past that ghetto ass so-called golf course, and as you come around the corner expecting to see the beutiful motel portrayed in the billboard,,,,,you see a falling down, deserted hotel, with a rotting sess pool in front, along with tons of 8 foot chain link fence and locks everywhere. That motel is a ****in' disgrace....All of Aquarena as been neglected for so long, well atleast since the university bought it....It won't be long untill they fill in spring lake and build some apartments, and a parking lot on it.....

**** You Texas State.....You care about nothing but yourselfs....Did you know that not one member of the board of regents for Texas State lives anywhere near this town.????

**** You Texas State.....and your corupt ass football team...Nice how they rebuild and ad on the the football stadium, yet they don't even have a real coach, and the one they did, they fired becuase he was making those poor football players work to hard....BOO HOO

Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM  

You do, HATE TSU :!:
Old 03-19-2004, 11:35 AM  
B4

The best thing that could have happend to the springs is that it was bought by the State. "Aquarena" was a disgrace. It will take years for the University to return the area to a more natural state.
Private industry in this country feels like it has a god given right to rape the earth. A2 You got a chip on your sholder bout something?
You sound like too smart a person to distroy it with negative vibes.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:54 PM  
A2

(you can usually look at the comparison of what time my post was made.. compared to the tone of my post...)(the earlier..the more ranting/raving going on...lol)( that's my B.C. Time.....before coffee)

When you say that Aquarena is owned by the state, you do mean Texas State University right?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:57 AM  

Before texas state bought aquarena springs you could actually visit the place and view the glass bottom boats or ride on that cable card thingy ma jig.

Ya can't do that now...
Old 05-31-2004, 02:16 PM  
Antny

Well, I'm one of the local San Martians, born and raised, and I go the the college, so I get that perspective.

There's a schism between the City and the School. An ongoing battle for the conservative rightist City to hold on to it's moral high ground....and the Party oriented School to spread it's wings.

The land and the River are beautiful...and too many people that just pass through for school take if for granted and don't respect it.

There is great art and music, wonderful culture and enough to keep you going, but you gotta take the good with the bad...just like anywhere else in the worls, there are a lot of idiots her too!!!

Antny
Old 09-03-2005, 09:21 PM  

well, i work out at Aquarena, and they are now working on moving it into a nature center again. You can still go on the glass bottom boat rides, you can't ride the cable car, cause all of those in the united states of that kind got shut down, cause someone fell out. The sub is a shame because it is full of water now, but the hotel is being restored into a beautiful building again, but it is going to be the Texas River Center, and not a hotel. The park shutting down is not fault of Texas State, its the fault of the public for not going anymore. People stopped coming, so the owners of the park sold it to the university. It was already a ****hole, Texas State has been making it better. Come check it out for yourself.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!