Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2007, 06:52 PM  

What's the deal with Gordo's?

How much activity is there at Gordo's? Do they have bands there often? Would it do well if it were renovated and turned back into a movie theater? I'd like to buy it and turn it into an art house spot that shows retro flicks, blaxploitation, classic film noir, kitschy horror, midnight movies, etc. Free double feature of Repo Man and A Clockwork Orange with drink specials for the grand opening! Keep the bar open and set up bar seating in the theater area and serve beer and bar food ala Alamo Draft House style. It just seems like the space is underused and could be a great spot for the square if it had something going on every day and night. Any thoughts?

Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM  

I think that would be fabulous.....a la Alamo Drafthouse....it would be a goldmine. God knows they need to do SOMETHING with that place.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:27 PM  

They're not to do anything with it anytime soon. At one time (possibly currently) it was owned by the same person who owns Draft Choice and money doesn't seem to be an object. It's been a great venue for years as it is, but it's pretty tempting to see something else happen with it.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM  

wow, all sounds good. People would love it :biggrin:
Old 07-16-2007, 03:50 AM  

Now this is a good idea.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:25 AM  

Gordo's on the square

Sounds like a great idea.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 PM  

The owner won't sell, yet, he wont renovate it.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM  

Speaking of Gordo's, I don't know why I didn't post this before.....but the ex-cook from Gordo's (the one I was most likely to see when I went to the original), the one who believes in thick-assed bacon and rarely fumbles an order, has re-opened on N LBJ.....in the same spot Wrap-It-Up used to be *cry*....and for the life of me I can't remember what was there most recently.

They do delivery still: #878-0653. Same-ol' tasty fries and big burgers. And, in the crazy chance that Gordo's actually changes hands, I think I know a good hamburger cook....
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM  

Gordo's on N LBJ

That location (N LBJ near Grins) was most recently a Shipley's, I think. And now makes some of the exact burgers I remember from Gordo's on the square.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:00 AM  

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Pleas do that! This town needs it and would support it, I think. Gordo's needs to roll over.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads