Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2005, 11:08 PM  
francoprussia

the witches grave

Hey there, does anybody know anything (documented or undocumented) about the so called "witches grave?" I mean, I know where it is and all, but does anybody know any historical stuff about it?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:55 AM  

tell what you know.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:52 PM  
francoprussia

grave

Well, about all I know is that there was this graveyard out post road near 5 mile, and one of the graves in it was known by friends as the witches grave. I was just wondering who was buried there (the name was worn off of the headstone.) None of my friends could tell me anything. Was there someone sometime who was considered a witch, who is buried there or what, and if so, who?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 PM  
Pearl

I've lived here my entire life and know the cemetery that you are talking about but have never heard anything about a witches grave. Sorry to say, but I think your friends played a silly trick on you.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:15 AM  

Back in the day, me and a few friends used to hangout in that cemetary after dark because we were told of the same thing. As far as I remember, the grave was located halfway back, down the far south road. I can't say if that old story is true, but it did make for some fun nights.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:32 AM  

I've never heard about this but I have heard about CryBaby Cemetery out on Posey Road. The story is that if you go out there just after dusk you can hear babies crying. I've only been there in the afternoon, but I have some friends that went out there one night and the SUV they were in died for about 5 minutes before it would start back up. They kept the windows up so they didn't hear any babies crying.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM  

I think the Kyle cemetery is creepier than Cry-baby. I will remind all those who enjoy the homes for the dead that Texas has laws on the books about getting caught in those places after sunset. Not that I'm one to abide by that, I just figured I should pass on the knowledge.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:17 PM  

So, is there a story behind the Kyle cemetary or is it just old?
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 PM  

Take a walk out there sometime and visit ma and pa Bones. Thats also to cemetery where the"witch's grave" is located.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 PM  

The witch's grave

Does anyone know exactly how far down post road the cemetary holding the witch's grave is? A friend and I want to go check it out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads