Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Savannah
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 AM  

Brooklet, GA
Brewing Suppliers in the Areas

If you live in savannah Home

But if you leave closer to Statesboro like pooler you checkout The Grape and Grain.
Google Maps

Its located in a specialty beer, wine and cigar shop. Midtown Market, Statesboro Ga "Midtown Wine Cellar".
It's awesome to be able to run in and pickup a missing ingredient at 9:50pm Saturday for a sunday brew.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM  

Savannah, GA
Savannah Home Brew Shop

Here's a better link to the Savannah Home Brew Shop ...

Savannah Home Brew Shop

Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 PM  

Savannah
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplittle View Post
Here's a better link to the Savannah Home Brew Shop ...

Savannah Home Brew Shop
I've been hesitant to go there; it seems like it's run out of a guy's garage or something... is the selection of grains good? And will he mill them for you?
Old 12-22-2010, 06:21 AM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebrain View Post
I've been hesitant to go there; it seems like it's run out of a guy's garage or something... is the selection of grains good? And will he mill them for you?
The owner, Jerald, does the Homebrew shop as a second business (not enough Homebrewers in Savannah to keep it full-time) and the location is shared between the two. The rest of the building is moving storage.

His on-hand grain selection is pretty good though limited on the real special ones. He can order you anything but he tries to keep supplies short and fresh.

He is only open in the early evening and weekend but just call or email ahead with your recipe and he'll have it ready for you. He can crush your grains for you.

As a side note, members of the Savannah Brewers League get a discount.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 AM  

Savannah, GA
Cheers to Jerald and the Savannah Homebrew Shoppe. I get all my grain and hops from Jerald. As David said, there is a discount for SBL members (Savannah Brewer's League). If you follow the SBL site and forums, he often posts special deals on the forum as well.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:56 PM  

Bluffton, South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebrain View Post
Get close to 90% of my supplies there. Over the years he has increased his grain selection. I no longer need to order supplies over the intertubes.

And yes he will mill the grains
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 PM  

darien, ga
Does he only sell ingredients or other supplies available as well?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 AM  

Savannah, GA
Depends on what you need/want. He has a small selection of equipment, parts, etc. Give him a call and he can get most supplies quickly.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Savannah
Bookmark this Page!