Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Savannah
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2011, 04:22 PM  

Stuff for kids

We are thinking about moving to Savannah this summer. From visiting and looking on the internet I see there is much to do there. Just wondering if anyone from there knows of anything geared for younger kids (5-9) that may not be online. We like to do a lot of outdoor stuff like boating and camping.
Thanks.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 AM  

Savannah, GA
If you do end up in Savannah I suggest you join the Coastal Heritage Society. They have a lot of family oriented activities including the Railroad Roundhouse Museum. One of my favorite times from when my kids were young was the camping trip at Fort Jackson. Usually done in February, you get to live the life of a Civil War soldier and sleep inside the casements of the old fort. This is a member-only activity but well worth the cost of a year's membership.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 PM  

Sounds like fun. My youngest would love the railroad musuem. We took them up to Fort Powlaski (i think that's how it's spelled) and they saw the musket demonstration. Had a good time there. Have to check out the Heritage Society and other stuff when we come up next time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Savannah
Bookmark this Page!