Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 PM  

Seattle, Washington

The shadow of a cloud o the landscape, was sort of fitting. Outside of the broken UCA on the jK, there wasn't any other issues all day that I recall or was aware of. That dark cloud wasn't looming over us at all...

Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM  

Seattle, Washington

We ended up on the 308 and ran up to the 307 on the Whistlin' Jack's side of Tripod Flats. Instead of going down 4-fingers, we went down the upper woodpecker trail, then down to the washout, and back to hwy 410. At the washout, I took some time to get the dogs re-arranged...they'd spent the majority of the day on the RaggedOleLady's lap, and she'd about had it...time to get them in the back. Digger, DukeGnarly and everyone else went ahead back to their campsites...

As Donna and I sat there, a new 4-door, black Rubi was approaching the washout from the downhill side, and someone from that rig shouted something intelligible. Wans't sure what was up, but I hung around to find out. Turns out it was JeeperCreeper and his wife! Donny was driving it...uh, what's up with that I asked? I think Donny's jealous! Trading yours in now? Good lookin' rig...I mean, really good lookin'...

Donny followed Donna and I down to Whistlin' Jack's where I aired up. We had hoped to get a store bought, sit down meal there, but, Wally & the Beav didn't want think that was a good idea...so we grabbed a few snacks instead, and headed back to say our byes to Digger, and everyone. When we got there we were surprised to find a few new faces in the group. I finally got to meet the infamous WAYCRAZY and Sparky! Nice to meet you guys, maybe next time you'll come along? Hope so...

Thanks for the great time you guys. Really good to meet Digger, too. Man that a nice heep you got...now don't forget you said I could take it for a spin one of these days! I would love to,...but be on notice, I might not come back with it, Digger!

~John
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM  

evans mills, new york
Great pictures and lovin alot of the rigs and their set-ups...
Old 09-23-2010, 09:16 PM  

sedro woolley, Washington
Sweet thread.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 PM  

Kittitas, WA
Great pics and stories!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM  

Tacoma, WA
Very very nice. Where's the entrance for these trails?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:52 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparctacus View Post
Very very nice. Where's the entrance for these trails?
The Kaner Trail is accessed via the 1901 road (forest Service Road) just west of Cliffdell, WA. Cliffdell is west of Naches on hwy 410. There's also several access points via other trails in the area.

There's also several routes between hwy 410 & I-90 via these trails. Fun stuff! Trail difficulty ranges from easy to very difficult depending on conditions/time of the year.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM  

Tacoma, WA
I just have a stock wrangler for now. How would it do in there?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:14 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparctacus View Post
I just have a stock wrangler for now. How would it do in there?
In the summer/dry months your stock Wrangler should be fine. Some parts of the Kaner Trail can still be difficult for the less experienced, but, it's absolutely doable by a stock open/open Wrangler in the dry months.

There's lots of trails in the Manastash area that are friendly to an open/open rig. I did most of them last year when I was still running open/open and though there were times when it was quite challenging, it was also really, really fun. If & when you go, I suggest going with someone that knows the area well so you don't stray into an area you might regret.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!