Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM  

Goleta, CA
Any good shooting spots near Seattle?

Hi all,
I'm planning on moving up to the Seattle area in the next year, and want to know where you can go shooting up there? I've always preferred unregulated free ranges, but would love to hear were everyone likes to shoot.

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:15 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
There are a decent amount of places to go not too far from the city. From Seattle just head towards Hyw 410 or 2 or I90. There are plenty of spots off in the woods to shoot.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Buy a place with a few acres in the country and shoot alL you want on your own land. The greater Seattle area has very few places where it's allowed.
The few outdoor ranges are membership only:

Welcome to The Issaquah Sportsmen's Club
Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club - Home

The 2nd amendment foundation is headquartered in Bellevue, just across the lake from Seattle which seems ironic.

Second Amendment Foundation Online
Old 11-15-2010, 08:46 PM  

Everett, WA
There are quite a few ranges as well, here is a list:
Shooting Ranges in Washington State | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
Some might be membership only in king county like bisjoe said, but in snohomish county (north of seattle)there are a couple that dont require membership like this one:
Kenmore Shooting Range
Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 PM  

Seattle, WA
I hear Kenmore range is nice and they have archery as well. I usually go north to Sam's. Good guys and a great indoor range for pistol, rifle & shotgun.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 AM  
Seattle>other places

Seattle, WA
Anyone shoot sporting clays? Always a good time, havn't done it since I was a kid though.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 AM  

Seattle, WA
Anyone know what the laws are about shooting on your own property? I'm in Snohomish County, but I'm interested in laws in the King/Pierce/Snohomish area. Do you need a minimum number of acres, have to be outside city limits, different requirements for different caliber?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 PM  

Seattle, Washington
I've wondered about this as well. A friend and I decided to just head out on 2 for a while, and we got out past Monroe and found some spots that looked good, but were posted "no shooting". So we drove a bit more and found a nice area with a wide space and good back-stop, and shot there for several hours, no trouble. We drove back out next weekend, and the area we used as a target was plastered with "no shooting" signs.... What's up?

How far out do you have to go? I know NF land is good, but we should get some specific locations. Does anyone have co-ordinates that they could post of an actual spot that has good visibility, is away from buildings, rivers, and trails?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM  

Edmonds, Wa
Shooting spot

I heard that sultan basin road off of hwy 2 was an ok spot to shoot as long as you are really far down the road. It does get lots of snow up there so 4wd is recommended
Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 PM  

Seattle, WA
Kenmore has a great trap/skeet range and a walk through archery range. They are strict re: their emphasis on hunting = no rapid fire. The first time my buddy shot two quick rounds, he was warned that the next time he would be kicked out. If you want to do that, you can go to Wade's in Bellevue.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!