Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 PM  

Silverdale, WA
While it's probably at the far edge of where you want to go, the Olympic National Forest has tons of hiking trails. Best bet is to grab a ferry to Bainbridge or the Kingston/Edmonds and then head over from there.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:00 AM  

Seattle, WA
Lake Serene off highway 2 at mile marker 35. Lots of uphill, but with a spectacular view from the top all around!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 AM  

orting, wa
High Rock Lookout, just outside of Ashford is one of my favorites. It's a pretty steep hike, but only a couple hours to get to the top. Amazing views from an old fire lookout.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 AM  

Tacoma, WA
Federation Forest is pretty nice. Nothing too challenging but great views: Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission - Park Information
Old 01-31-2011, 02:36 PM  

Middle Fork Snoqualmie River, out beyond North Bend; readily accessible and "far away" -- though the gravel road portion can be rather rough sometimes.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM  

I second the middle fork. Its fairly remote compared to a tiger mountain or mt Si. Snoqualmie Pass's kendal catwalk is cool, but anything on the I-90 corridor your going to fight the crowds. I-90 hiking trails are more crowded that shopping malls during the summer in seattle.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:56 PM  

Washington
Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty02 View Post
I love doing a day hike that is around 1-2 hours away. What are the best ones I haven't yet heard about?

I've done Mt Si, Bandera Mtn, Granite Mtn, Dirty Face Mtn, and several others that were too long ago to remember the names.

Which other ones are great day hikes?
There are more great hiking trails around Puget Sound than you can shake a stick at. Buy a hiking book or two and a map, some friends ad go explore.
You'll love it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!