Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM  

Juneau, Alaska
Got a long layover? Get out of seatac on the light rail

Seattle's new light rail service can be used to get you from seatac to downtown seattle for around $10. Make sure you have at least a 3hr layover as it took me about 45 minutes each way. Beats the heck out of waiting around at seatac forever though.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM  

Sammamish, WA
And it will take even longer if it crashes into a car or bus in the Rainier Valley area again.

I'm not sure I'm ready to try it until they get the bugs out of the crossings. So far nine crashes in the first year of service.

I'm glad you made it safely.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 AM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnish View Post
Seattle's new light rail service can be used to get you from seatac to downtown seattle for around $10. Make sure you have at least a 3hr layover as it took me about 45 minutes each way. Beats the heck out of waiting around at seatac forever though.
45 Minutes each way? You must be kidding right.. I live in the North End (a few blocks from the city limit) and I can drive there and back faster then that during rush hour, and not break the speed limit doing so.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 AM  

Juneau, Alaska
You offering rides then? Awesome!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:39 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I think the idea is that if you can walk to the station, you don't have to pay to park at the airport. I work on the waterfront and can get there on 99 in about 15 minutes, speed is not a selling point. With the Mayor's new proposal to raise the parking tax from 10% to 12% you are better off parking at the airport than in Seattle.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:06 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
And it will take even longer if it crashes into a car or bus in the Rainier Valley area again.

I'm not sure I'm ready to try it until they get the bugs out of the crossings. So far nine crashes in the first year of service.

I'm glad you made it safely.
Well one of the "bugs" as I remember was an idiot turning left in front of a train when there wasn't even a left to turn to.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by electromage View Post
Well one of the "bugs" as I remember was an idiot turning left in front of a train when there wasn't even a left to turn to.
Yeh, we get al ot of near misses with cars and pedestrians down on the waterfront too. People in areas where the light rail runs haven't gotten used to it yet.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM  

Edmonds, Washington
I have seen it going by from time to time and I always think, "Man those breaks are squeaky! They should let me take a crack at them!" :-)

McBrando
Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM  

Seattle, Washington
The metro buses do the exact same route for less money, and less time (unless there's a TON of traffic).
But I guess they're not as fun.. =\
Old 10-25-2010, 05:26 PM  

Rat City, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
45 Minutes each way? You must be kidding right.. I live in the North End (a few blocks from the city limit) and I can drive there and back faster then that during rush hour, and not break the speed limit doing so.
cheaper than renting a car or taking a cab!!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.