Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 PM  

Rat City, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gskellig View Post
The metro buses do the exact same route for less money, and less time (unless there's a TON of traffic).
But I guess they're not as fun.. =\
and at least one transfer . . .
not to mention a visitor not knowing the buss routes

Old 11-16-2010, 12:42 AM  
Seattle>other places

Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnish View Post
Seattle's new light rail service can be used to get you from seatac to downtown seattle for around $10. Make sure you have at least a 3hr layover as it took me about 45 minutes each way. Beats the heck out of waiting around at seatac forever though.
I pay 2.50 from Westlake. Where'd you see 10?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 AM  

Juneau, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrose View Post
I pay 2.50 from Westlake. Where'd you see 10?
I must have misunderstood the cost, my sister got the tickets, maybe that was the cost for both of us round trip from seatac to downtown. Even better deal if so.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:29 PM  

Seattle, WA
Yes it take 45 min to get to the airport on the light rail but you save gas, $, not to mention the ENVIRONMENT!! If we all consistently took the light rail to the airport, our dependance on cars and oil would drastically change. GO LIGHT RAIL!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 AM  

Seattle, WA
Seattle traffic blows. The light rail from Seatac is a godsend. I live in Des Moines and would park in the park and ride from the stop just north of seatac to ride the light rail to Seahawk games. Best way to commute to downtown ever.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 PM  

Even though the light rail is kinda slow, I dig it. It's clean, quiet and it's a pretty nice route. The busses are faster but I've had way less strange/weird/terrifying/disgusting experiences on the light rail than I have the busses.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM  

The worst issue is when it gets stuck in the bus tunnel behind well a bus.

I could not caution against using this more if you have time constraints
Old 12-30-2010, 07:27 PM  

Woodinville, WA
I paid approx $2.25 one way to downtown. On the plus side, if there are traffic issues on either I-5 or I-405, you'll save time.

Unless you live right on the light rail line, you may have to employ a second mode of transport (no parking at the actual light rail stations!) which kinda defeats the positive environmental impact. Currently, ridership hasn't matched up to expectation, but that may change over time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.