Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 AM  

Seattle, Washington
I've been meaning to get a growler of Manny's and a growler of Mac'N Jacks and harvest some yeast myself .... i'm still wondering if there's a W'yeast equivalent of either .... but i have my doubts.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:05 AM  

Charlotte, NC
homebrewtalk - just moved to charlotte nc, any great things to do around the university area?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM  

Tacoma, Wa.
From HBT checking in. Manny's clone on tap (first AG try) Turned out great. I used Wyeast Labs #1275 yeast. The 2nd batch is in the fermenter and will be going to the carboy sunday.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Lars View Post
From HBT checking in. Manny's clone on tap (first AG try) Turned out great. I used Wyeast Labs #1275 yeast. The 2nd batch is in the fermenter and will be going to the carboy sunday.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to upgrade to AG?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:32 PM  

Edmonds, WA
Homebrewtalk, mostly silent member.

Hopefully going to brew up a batch of my "Up yer kilt" Scottish Ale in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:43 PM  

Seattle, WA
Me too - W00t! Not super active, but have learned/confirmed alot form the HBT boards.

Just got two sacks of base malt - so the coming months will have much brewing to be done! First will be my annual Old Ale I brew every year at Christmas time - will able to do a 4-year vertical tasting next year.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 PM  

Tacoma, WA
HBT Tacoma Brewer here. Pretty quiet as well.... and as you....I have learned a lot from the forums. I have 10 gallons of honey lager....lagering away, 5 gallons of a Belgian Golden Strong getting ready to go into the bright tank. and 10 gallons of edworts haus ale in line for the tap....oh yeah I still have my "leftover" brew and a dry stout on tap.

I am currently collecting and scrounging and selling....for a brutus style build!!!! I love this hobby!!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:59 PM  

IL
TimmyR checking in...I am not a Seattle local, but am there 4-8 times a year and have been homebrewing 14+ years.

Cheers,

Timmy
Old 12-04-2010, 10:49 AM  

Tacoma, Wa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarenAid View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to upgrade to AG?
I'm new at the brewing game with 7 batches under my belt and I started with AG. I have 2 home depot 10gal coolers for my HLT and Mash Tun. A costco 10gal boil pot with Northern brewers valve kits then all the other normal stuff you would need for Extract. I think I spent maybe an extra $150 to due AG.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 AM  

Bremerton, WA
Brewing on the West Side/Kitsap! Whoop

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.