Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM  

Looking for Good, Medium Priced Restaurants in Shreveport, la

I'm new to Shreveport from CA and having a hard time finding good food. Maybe, no offense, if I were into fish and beans/rice I could find something. I like buffets, not Golden Corral, Ryan's is too far. I like everything else, although I'm not partial to Italian. I've been to IHOP, Waffle House, Nickey's, Posadas and two other Mexican restaurants on Mansfield Rd. Lord forgive them, no flavor and they use PROCESSED cheese. Is that a southern thing?? I like Superior Bar and Grill on Line Ave. All the chains are OK; I like Longhorn best, although it is pricey. Don't really like Cheddars and hate the crowds. Compton's on the Boardwalk was good; the one on Bert Kouns is OK. Strawn's Bak Stop Too was very disappointing. All food prepared, cold; had fried chicken that was dry and tough. They wouldn't comp me anything and seemed to not really care. CheeBurger CheeBurger was pretty good, although it can get pricey with add-ons. Shakes, delicious. I'm trying Newk's this week-end. I've been to Shane's and Pod-Nuhs on Mansfield. Shane's, everything was dry. Pod-Nuhs as far as the ribs go their's were better; sides not so much except for the Peach Cobbler, excellent. I prefer my ribs covered with sauce, don't like rubs as much.

OK, so American, BBQ, Mexican 1st choices. Dying for a huge bacon cheeseburger, with juices and grease dripping down your arm; great fried chicken, meat falling off the bone BBQ, good Mexican with spices added-no processed cheese and then all others.

Thanks for letting me vent. Help if you can.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 PM  

Shreveport, LA
Try Southfield grill for smothered pork chops, or beef tips & rice! See what you think! Just off of Southfield and Youree Drive...Caldonia

Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM  

Shreveport, LA
Oh, and try the BBQ place on Burt Kouns, past Copelands! Check out the menu board on the wall before sitting at the table!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.