Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM  

Caldwell, Idaho
Aberdeen

Hey guys, I have a couple very good friends who live in Aberdeen that are trying to convince my wife and I to move there. They say the place is great. My folks had an extended stay there once for a business trip and they said it wasn't that great. It's hot and humid in the summer, freezing cold in the winter and the locals aren't too keen on newcomers. Especially Hispanics, which my wife is. I wanted to get the thoughts of the locals of anyone could help me out. Thanks!

-Jack

Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM  

Caldwell, Idaho
No one has any comments on this? :-(

Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM  
Traveler

Don't you like Idaho? My folks live there in Caldwell by the way......
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM  

Caldwell, Idaho
Hey bud, I dont mind Idaho. I love the mountains but alas I don't make enough money to spend much time up there. My best friend moved to south Dakota as that's where work is. Another hobby of mine is pyrotechnics which is frowned upon here and according to my friend they don't mind over there. My folks are here too though and they don't really like south Dakota and brought up the objectionables mentioned in my post. Just wanted to hear from a local what they thought. Good to hear from you, how've you been?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM  

Caldwell, Idaho
Hey bud, I dont mind Idaho. I love the mountains but alas I don't make enough money to spend much time up there. My best friend moved to south Dakota as that's where work is. Another hobby of mine is pyrotechnics which is frowned upon here and according to my friend they don't mind over there. My folks are here too though and they don't really like south Dakota and brought up the objectionables mentioned in my post. Just wanted to hear from a local what they thought. Good to hear from you, how've you been?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM  

Oak Grove, MN
Two words=Pheasant hunting. West of Aberdeen is best in the state. Lotsa wide open spaces. Rent an old farm house and live where no one would bother about fireworks. As long as you don't start a prarie fire, good to go.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Bookmark this Page!