Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM  

casper, wyoming
there's so much to do it's not even funny... it just depends on which route you're taking through the state... check out their tourism website... hot springs has an awesome mammoth dig site museum, you can see where they filmed "dances w/ wolves", there's mount rushmore... into wyoming there's devils tower... i believe the 1880's train is still taking tours from hill city to keystone... wind cave is pretty cool... custer state park, the badlands, you can spend a week in the western half of the state alone... the needles scenic byway has some spectacular scenery... there's almost as much to do there as there is in wyoming... it's just in a much more confined space... lol...

Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 PM  

Rapid City, South Dakota
I agree, there is so much to do. I'd pack for about a week. The only caves worth seeing are Wind and Jewel caves. Wind has less stairs. Mt. Rushmore/Keystone is a must. Reptile Gardens is a must with children, Bear Country, not so much. You could spend a day in and near Hot Springs. Hill City/Sheridan lake/Pactola Reservoir could take a day too. Deadwood is more for adults, but still a sight to see. There is just so much to see. But ask a local about what is a waste of time and money.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM  

Greenville, OH
1880's Town if you're a fan of Dances With Wolves. Definitely go see Crazy Horse if you see Rushmore. All of Mount Rushmore will fit on Crazy Horse's cheek.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Bookmark this Page!