Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 PM  

grand forks, north dakota
Campground for Sturgis 2011?

Ok folks... does anyone have any good info on a campground for Sturgis this year?

I know about the big ones, but I'm looking for something cheap with some good ameneties (if that exists)...

I stayed at a friend's place last year, so this will be my first campground experience too, so any suggestions would be great.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 PM  

Baker, Montana
If you're looking for someplace in town the Day's End is really nice. Not as noisy as some of the other places and pretty reasonable.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM  

I stayed at "The Broken Arrow" campground a few years ago and wasn't too bad. it's far enough away from the rowdy's that you can actually get some pretty good sleep.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I've never been to Sturgis or SD, but I have been to quite a few very rowdy music festivals that involved camping.

After a few of those events and being immersed in the midst of it all, I quickly figured out that a peaceful and tranquil spot away from the center of the action was the best place to bed down for the night.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
First rule of Bluegrass Festivals is putting the most distance possible between you and the stage area or large communal camping groups. People are pickin all night but they usually have specific areas for that.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM  

Eureka, Montana
What's fun is showing up in Sturgis...and not knowing the bike rally is going until you get there!

Sleep? Not during that!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I love surprises, especially when they seem bad but actually turn out to be great!
Looks like you have your sleeping arrangements worked out anyways if you decide to go

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads