Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 01:14 PM  

Sioux falls, SD
Pheasant hunting in the fall is an absolute must. Black Hills in the Spring. Beautiful country. The comments about the Police in Rapid is a joke. LIke any state, obey the laws and don't harrass the cops if you get pulled over and you'll be fine.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:57 PM  

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
there is a bunch of stuff to do out in the black hills in the summer. Just search for black hills activities.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleinhe View Post
Pheasant hunting in the fall is an absolute must. Black Hills in the Spring. Beautiful country. The comments about the Police in Rapid is a joke. LIke any state, obey the laws and don't harrass the cops if you get pulled over and you'll be fine.
I'm inclined to agree with this. In my experience, LEO's usually target problems, not cali plates.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM  

Rapid City, South Dakota
Great trails in the Black Hills to take your Jeep. And some sights regular "tourists" will never experience... oh and Sturgis boasts the biggest group of concerts in the world, 7 nights X 3-4 BIG concerts per night. I went to the Disturbed/Scorpions show last year. If you take the back roads, and stay in your campground. you dont need to put up with all the bikers.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM  

I took my family to SD a few years ago, in my jeep with California plates. I never got stopped by any law enforcement, and many even waved as I passed them. It was one of the best vacations I ever had, and can't wait to visit the area again.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM  

Carbondale, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetravlor View Post
The pheasant capital of America! Get a good dog, a shotgun and you can't go wrong. We hunt west of Aberdeen and it was awesome this year. Lots of birds and the corn will be out soon.
+1 Great Hunting Friendly people and GOOD down home cooking
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 AM  

skip the corn palace, the locals call it "The worlds largest bird feeder"
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 AM  
Been Around

Springfield, SD
Visit the Minuteman Missile Site.

http://www.nps.gov/mimi/index.htm

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.