Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM  

Spokane, Washington
Local economy

So, with the main market co-op, public market, neighborwoods and thing of the like that are focused on local economy and culture, do you think that Spokane is moving in the direction that might lead us to rival Seattle?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:41 PM  

Spokane, WA
I don't think we'll ever rival Seattle, but I think this kind of local culture can help make the shift to a more local focused community rather than big box store for everything.

I think if you can get someone to start purchasing some fresh vegetables at a farmers market, they are more likely to go in to a small local shop to make a gift purchase. Before long, that person is almost exclusively shopping locally and supporting our own economy.

I would see this shift in culture taking us closer to the lines of Bellingham, rather than Seattle, but who knows? Only time will tell.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!