Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 PM  

Spokane, WA
White Elephant vs Cabelas

I haven't been to the White Elephant in years, but I recall it as being just jammed packed with about every fishing lure and pole you could imagine.. And they were cheap too.. Now with Cabelas not that far away I just want to know if the White Elephant is remaining competitive with Cabelas for selection and price? Are they still pretty affordable there? Thinking of heading up to load up on fishing supplies but I wont go all the way to Post Falls if the White Elephant is still a good deal..

Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM  
Traveler

I myself haven't been there in years either, but I suspect that they compete with Cabellas, especially if you have to drive to Post Falls in terms of gas. White elephant has been around for ever too!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I myself haven't been there in years either, but I suspect that they compete with Cabellas, especially if you have to drive to Post Falls in terms of gas. White elephant has been around for ever too!
Yeah, I would much rather support a WA business than an ID business anyway..
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroosBrewz View Post
Yeah, I would much rather support a WA business than an ID business anyway..
Well, White Elephant is local whereas Cabellas is nationwide, so you're money goes to corporate. Hey! What have you got against idaho anyway.....?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 PM  

Spokane, Washington
I think it all depends on what you are looking for. Somethings would be easier to find at cabelas, but, when you need a kids toy, ammo, a boat, a model car and other random things, the white elephant is your one stop shop... haha.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 AM  

Post Falls, ID
I too try and shop local unless the prices are stupidly high compared to the inter-web. I have a Cabelas cc that has been jacked 3 times in the last year so I will be closing the account when I get my next statement. That and every time I travel Cabelas locks my card, even though I call ahead and tell them where I'm headed. I have my nephew?s corp. card with me at the same time that I use for fuel and other expenses, he calls ahead also and they still lock the cards up the first time I use it and it makes for an unpleasant trip, so he has taken his $300K a year cc business elsewhere.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!