Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM  

Walla Walla, WA
Would you recommend moving to Spokane?

The wife and I want to move but really dont know where to go. Wanted your opinions if Spokane is a great place to live and work.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:31 PM  

Spokane, WA
Spokane is a very interesting place. Many of the people that live here will tell you that is a boring hell hole of a town, but that's really not true. There is a ton of things to do as well as a bunch of great restaurants, but the problem around here is that so many people are too lazy to ever go out and actually get to know their own town.

Obviously compared to places like Seattle and Portland, we are still a little lacking in the activities, but for the size of the town, it is pretty neat around here.

I would recommend it so someone who is looking for somewhere to live who doesn't like big cities, but want's to be somewhere with lots of shopping, food, and night life. We also have a ton of year-round outdoor recreation opportunities within a half hour drive from pretty much anywhere in town.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM  

Sammamish, WA
We have friends and family that lived there, and we have been to visit. The only real complaint is the lack of professional sports, and the winters. While much of the year is better than Seattle the winters are much colder with a lot more snow that hangs around a long time. Spring, summer and fall are very nice and there is a lot of outdoor activities with mountains, rivers and lakes, just no ocean.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:50 AM  

Spokane, WA
I would argue that the lack of professional sports is actually kind of nice. We do have the Spokane Indians which are a short season single A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, and you can typically buy tickets right up to first pitch and they are dirt cheap and a great atmosphere. We also have the Spokane Shock which are the reigning AFL champions, as well as the Spokane Chiefs which are a very talented hockey team who has done very well the last few years. All of the sporting events in town are very affordable and great family atmospheres.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM  

Newport, Washington
Spokane is a great place to live hands down!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:20 PM  

Spokane, Washington
ive just moved up in spetember and so far i really like it! huge improvement over Yakima but thats not hard to do...
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 PM  

spokane, WA
i love spokane it has everything to offer, downtown spokane is a beautiful in the summer.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 PM  

Spokane is Boring but I guess coming from Walla Walla it would be better. I am from NY so compared to NY it s*cks but great place to raise a family.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 AM  

Just moved this fall from a town of 8,000. I have never had so much to do before in my entire life haha. Tons of great golf courses, some of the best skiing in the state is an hour and a half or less away, it is a lot of fun walking around downtown, lots of friendly people, zero complaints from me after five months here.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:18 PM  

Awesome place to visit! We prefer Spokane over Calgary ( same travel distance). Not a fan of big cities. Spokane is perfect.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Spokane
Bookmark this Page!

« Good BBQ | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads