Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM  

Anderson Silva VS Yushin Okami UFC 134 Preview

Old 07-10-2011, 11:55 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I have to go with Silva. They guy is just awesome. Matt Hughes eat your heart out.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM  
fustrated genius

X2 Silva all the way
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
While I acknowledge that Silva is a good fighter. He is BORING AS HELL to watch. He refuses to engage and 90% of his attack is a counter to something someone else does. He is good at it.

I would love to see Yushin beat Silva. To beat Silva he has to make Silva attack.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:31 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Thats what makes Silva so deadly. He lures them in and then unleashes hell on them.
If you know what you are doing being a counter fighter is the best way to go.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Thats what makes Silva so deadly. He lures them in and then unleashes hell on them.
If you know what you are doing being a counter fighter is the best way to go.
Counter fighting is being a dagum SISSY. I don't pay $55 for a PPV to watch you back away from a guy for 18 minutes of a 20 minute fight. I want to see fighting punches, kicks, elbows, knees, ground fighting, and submission attempts.

I hate the way Silva fights just as much as I hate the lay and pray wrestlers.

More kick boxing and more Muay Thai.

I prefer to watch 155 and under fights. 170+ fights are slow and boring most of the time. Them light weight guys have large gas tanks. They come in there mad and put on a damn show.

I just hope someone smashes Anderson Silvias face so much that he ends up uglier than The Diaz Sisters.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
If you think Silva is a sissy why don't you go step into the octagon with him.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Weak sauce from all you Silva haters. You make me sad

Lets look at his history shall we? And for the benefit of those who are only familiar with his tenure in the UFC, this is where we will begin.

For starters, his last 'Loss' was in 2006 to noneother than Yushin Okami. (And this was due to an illegal blow) FFWD to 2 fights after that - Chris Leben.
Leben was on a terror in the UFC, and here comes this guy from Pride FC in Japan who was supposed to be the tune up for Lebens title shot.
Zing - Goodnight Leben.
His next six (6) fights in a row were all STOPPAGES.
Rich Franklin domination x2
RNC of Dan Henderson
GnP of Travis Lutter
1st round TKO Nate Marquart
1st Rd KO of James Irvin (In a higher weight class no less)

His next fight was meh against Patrick Cote. I agree that he fought not to lose in this fight and I too was disappointed. (But he still won)

From here, I will give you some spottiness on his performances.
-Decision win over Thales Leites and Demian Maia
-KOs over Forrest Griffin and Vitor Belfort
-And everyones favorite - the last minute sub of the human blanket Chael Sonnen.

As far as I see it, those were only 4 fights that I would call 'boring' by any stretch of the imagination, and the last one had me jumping up and screaming at my TV.

If my MMA math is correct, this is well over a 60% finish rate and by even casual viewers standards should make him close to the GOAT. (If not THE GOAT - Sorry Fedor)

Most if not all of these afore mentioned opponents were ranked close to (if not already) top 10 material.

Anderson is far from a boring fighter.
Consistently exciting? Ill give you that reasonable doubt, but I think his excitements that he provides more than makes up for his lackluster performances.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Say what you want. Silva spends more time backing away from any fight.

I don't like him I think he is boring as hell to watch. I refuse to spend $55 on a PPV with his name on it.

For your information I do know about Silvas record before the UFC. STILL DON'T LIKE HIM.

I am not a hater I just don't like the guy. Just like I don't care for the Diaz sisters and their twigs of thunder.

What I hate is the current fight NOT to lose attitude in the UFC. I watch more small shows and other MMA than I do UFC. There are to many lay and pray fighters in the UFC and to many fight not to lose guys as well.

I with the UFC would bring some fighters out of Japan into the lighter weight classes. Aoki I think would be a great addition to the 155# and/or 145#.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!