Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM  

What is Fedor's Legacy?

Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Being a good fighter who only fights mediocre fighters so that he wins. Once he hit some real fighters and real competitors he folded and is now on his way out.

He also didn't evolve as the MMA fight game did. That also happened to Chuck Liddel. He didn't evolve his fight game and look where it got him. Don't get me wrong both are good fighters they are just being outclassed by guys with more than beating someones face in.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 PM  
fustrated genius

Fedor did quite a bit in the sport. Liddel as well, these guys, (IMO), didn't so much get "outclassed" as they did out younged. When I was going to the gym, I got in the ring with a 27 yo and I was 41,(kickboxing spar). He was warmed up bout the time I was DONE. It's like apples & oranges with exception of a few like Hendo. And too, when Hendo gets in the ring with some young guys you'll see simular results. That's why Aldo went straight through Faber and why Cruz did too. Once the KO happens like in Torres, many lose that drive and lose the fire and will as before. Before Fedor lost to Werdum, he said he had three fights left. After that loss he mentioned he had two fights left, Then after bigfoot, he again said he had ONE more fight. He knew his contract was running out and lost the will to win. Not saying anything was fixed, I am saying he knew things were in the fix for a change. Personally, I don't care for Dana White and Zuffa.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Being a good fighter who only fights mediocre fighters so that he wins. Once he hit some real fighters and real competitors he folded and is now on his way out.

He also didn't evolve as the MMA fight game did. That also happened to Chuck Liddel. He didn't evolve his fight game and look where it got him. Don't get me wrong both are good fighters they are just being outclassed by guys with more than beating someones face in.
Liddell's problem is he stayed in to long. His age got to him. The years of punishment finally caught up to him. He had an excellent ground game and standing game, but he used his ground game to keep it standing because he liked knocking people out.

Fedor on the other hand was well rounded also but fought people who didn't provide a challenge and when the big boys came he couldn't take it, just like you said. You really can't compare Liddell to Fedor. Liddell took on anyone and everyone he didn't care as long as he was fighting. Fedor played it safe and will fade into obscurity where as Liddell will live as a legend.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!