Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Springfield
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: City or Country
City 1 16.67%
Country 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
City or Country Living and Why?

Do you live in the city or out in the country? Please give us your reasons for choosing where you live.

I'll be waiting for your responses.

I live in the country, on a quiet little dirt road with VERY few neighbors. And the neighbors I do have I know. I know that if I have a problem I can call one of my neighbors and they will come and help me. I didn't have that in the city. It is so peaceful. I have lived in both the city and the country in Indiana, the country in upstate NY and now the country here in Missouri. I LOVE the country. I feel safe here. I can let my dogs and cats outside without worrying about them. I guess I like the feeling of open space and not feeling penned in.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM  

Springfield, Missouri
im in between on this. i like being in the city and being close to whatever i need. dated girls that lived 20-30 outside the city and it always took forever if we had to go back to their place just to pick something up or drop by there. although i would like to be able to have some land and a nice size garage to work in. cant really have that in the city

Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
thanks for responding. I know what you mean about the distance. Springfield is the closest big city to me and that takes about an hour to get too. But we don't go there very often. Only if we need something major. It would take an awful lot to get me to trade this life for city life.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I live in a small city, but before here I lived on 40 acres in the country. I would move back to the country but my house is paid for, and I'm too old to start payments again.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM  

County living is wonderful. Parents moved from KC city limits to the county when we were teenagers. Loved every minute of it.

Now my wife and our children live somewhat in the county/city. It's a subdivision outside city limits in Greene county. Not enough elbow room but I think county living with acerage is tougher to come by unless you want to get way out.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:33 PM  

mountain view, mo
if your neighbor can see you p in the yard,thry're TOO close.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Springfield
Bookmark this Page!