Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 12:40 AM  

Chatsworth, GA
Arch

Nice place ya got there.

We dropped by there on our way to New Mexico several years back. I liked the museum under it.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Thanks! We are currently redoing the grounds, stay tuned!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:59 PM  

Chatsworth, GA
No lie? It looked great when I was there. No needs for changes in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 PM  

Saint Louis, Missouri
Huge project - check it out: Arch Competition
Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
I heard reciently the arch is rusting where it was welded on site. I guess they will be working on that as well. Guess the welding wasn't done with stainless.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM  

Collinsville, IL
The Building of the Arch

While visiting the Arch, you will have opportunity to visit the museum which includes a dated yet really cool documentary of how the Arch was constructed. Its really a cool film, particularly if you like History as many of the images depict St. Louis decades ago. You're correct about the Arch grounds renovations being done this year. I would actually like to see a documentary of the current changes being made, the reasons for them, and the jobs being created by the project. Seeing both films or a movie combining both projects would be really great.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:55 AM  

Columbia, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmittrz View Post
While visiting the Arch, you will have opportunity to visit the museum which includes a dated yet really cool documentary of how the Arch was constructed. Its really a cool film, particularly if you like History as many of the images depict St. Louis decades ago. You're correct about the Arch grounds renovations being done this year. I would actually like to see a documentary of the current changes being made, the reasons for them, and the jobs being created by the project. Seeing both films or a movie combining both projects would be really great.
That documentary is still pretty awesome!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:05 PM  

O'Fallon, Missouri
I've only been to the top of the Arch maybe three or four times, I would love to go more. Like on a windy day, a rainy day, & snowy day/night.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 PM  

St. Louis, Illinois
The Arch is awesome. When you see it every day, it's kind of easy to take it for granted.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:14 PM  

St. Louis, MO
I'm born and raised in the STL and I've only been up in the arch twice but it was indeed a pretty cool experience. I'd really like to get up in it again here soon. And I would have to agree that it would be pretty cool to get up there at night when it's snowing!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!