Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM  

Louisville ky
does anyone know of an indooe rifle range in St louis area that has at least 100 yard lanes. ? Thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 02:24 PM  

Ok, I just went to Ultimate Defense Range in St Peters on Saturday and here is my review:

It is a brand new facility/building and very clean, bright and the staff knows what they are doing. On your first visit they take your drivers license and take your picture and then give you back your license and make a laminated Ultimate Defense Member card which they give to you to keep when you leave the building. There were 12 lanes.
There is a pretty extensive list of rules (front and back of a sheet) but still not as bad as Bullzeye and they dont care how far back you place your targets and you can aim for anywhere you want (at Bullzeye you can NOT make any head shots and cant go past a certain distance).
It costs $20 per hour and you get one target included with the price.
Me, my husband and my Dad all shared a lane (at our request) and it was only $30. (Extra targets are $1 a piece). We had our own ammo and guns so that was all it cost us which was great!
They also have a comical variety of targets featuring about a half dozen choices of "zombies" as well as hostage type targets, I assume these are an additional cost.
The machines work smoothly and we got in rather quickly after having our membership cards made. The staff were extremely friendly and assured us that the next time we came it would be quicker since we now have our member cards (which didnt cost us anything) This is by far the best range I have been to in the metro area and I am already planning my next trip back!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 AM  

I'm a beginner shooter and went to Ultimate Defense in St. Peters, MO. True I don't have any experience with any other ranges in the area but Ultimate has set the bar very high. The guys were extremely helpful, encouraged questions from a new shooter and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. The place is clean and easy to get to.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM  

O'Fallon, IL
There is the Belleville Shooting Rage in....Belleville! It's not the fanciest interior or range, but it has 25 yard lanes and is decently prices. I believe they are opening a new range in Missouri sometime soon as well.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:02 AM  

I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewzenol View Post
Bullseye is HORRIBLE. Avoid at all costs.
Will never get screwed by these guys again Other than being extremely rude, these guys are liars and thieves. I went to the range with my father and sister (all of us over 35) and the old grump behind the counter told us we would have to all share one lane because there was training going on. Ok, no problem. Then he proceeds to waste 15 minutes of our time lecturing us about how someone shot their target dolley (whatever it's called). Anyway, we shot one in rotation on one lane, while three lanes on the right and left of us remained open the entire hour we were there. When we went to pay, we were charged for THREE hours. Why? Because there were three of us. When I complained, his excuse was that if they let people share a lane at the normal rate, people would be overflowing into ... Other than being extremely rude, these guys are liars and thieves. I went to the range with my father and sister (all of us over 35) and the old grump behind the counter told us we would have to all share one lane because there was training going on. Ok, no problem. Then he proceeds to waste 15 minutes of our time lecturing us about how someone shot their target dolley (whatever it's called). Anyway, we shot one in rotation on one lane, while three lanes on the right and left of us remained open the entire hour we were there. When we went to pay, we were charged for THREE hours. Why? Because there were three of us. When I complained, his excuse was that if they let people share a lane at the normal rate, people would be overflowing into the aisles. How can you argue with a guy who has an entire arsenal strapped to his body, and who already has your credit card???? NEVER again will I enter this trap, and I will warn everyone I know about them.
U said it dude! If your not in law enforcement or millitary they treat you like ****. The range is expensive as hell and i think you have to buy their ammo rite? Jay henges outdoor range is my favorite. Alot of rules but at three bucks an hour i can follow some rules.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM  

stl
Ultimate Defence is an awesome range off 70 at Hwy 79. Go a little farther to Wright City and a private range is tucked away called Benchrest its pricey but no RO on your back telling you "no machine gunnin' it" but do it too often and just might get LEO to come. Ultimate Defence is my choice for standard shooting
Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 PM  

New indoor shooting range

I heard a rumor of a new indoor shooting range opening in St. Louis around Gravois Road & Heege. Anybody else heard of this? What is the name of the company?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:02 PM  

MO
Indoor ranges in the St Louis Area have come a long way in the last couple of years and the newest, On Target in Valley Park is no exception. 15 lanes that are well lit and comfortable to shoot from at $18 per hour. They had trouble getting open, but since they opened in December 2011 they have been busy every time I have gone. Somebody finally got a range open in St, Louis county. The rental guns are fun and it is neat to be able to try out a gun before you buy one.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 AM  

St. Louis
I second Belleville shooting range if you are near the East side
Old 03-25-2018, 04:57 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLADAMS View Post
I heard a rumor of a new indoor shooting range opening in St. Louis around Gravois Road & Heege. Anybody else heard of this? What is the name of the company?
Sharpshooters, yes, its now open with a BBQ place added in. Food is ok if you don't want to leave. But one price ( think it was $30 or less ) you can shoot all day long and if you keep the receipt you can leave and come back later on the same day to keep shooting. They rent, repair and clean guns (which I haven't done ) but the lanes are nice and they have several classrooms/classes. They are rated to 50BMG in the range.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!