Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2011, 07:56 AM  

stl
occupystl

ANYONE know what the status is @ kiener plaza aka freedom square? They were supposed to leave @ 1500ish friday.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Dont they have a Facebook (or other) page where they organize their upcoming activities and marches?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:25 PM  

stl
They do have a fb page but I dislike fb it should have been hacked by now
Old 11-13-2011, 08:30 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Well then pardon my ignorance but...

By being 'hacked' are you referring to Facebook itself or the Occupy page? By my train of logic it would sound like if you truly are a part of what the Occupy movement is about - then you should be against trivial actions like this (especially AGAINST your own movement and the communications of it)

Is Facebook not a adequate means to get your message out and about? Is it what you are occupying against? Is it not organized enough and not enough information being communicated?

Im not trying to be contrary here, but I am seriously having a hard time understanding the logic here.

By the way - did you find out what you were looking for?

(Stay safe - whatever you do)
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM  

stl
I quit using fb when zuckerburg sold out to the corprate pigs. Twitter is my perfered means but thats getting crappy too everything is linked back to fb. My tweets, sms, and whatever is being traced & filtered. I am all for the movement want to see the 1% fail and be able to turn my back on all of them so they can see the damage they really did. Take everything away from them and their whole families, then maybe I will help get them on the right track...... Nope Even then they don't deserve it. They dug their own grave.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I can assure you I'm not a corprate pig, and I'm not part of that other fictitious 99% either. I am a middle class tax paying family man with three kids and I have a question for you. Actually, a few questions.

Have you ever considered even for a minute that if it wasn't for the 1%, you would probably not be posting here?

Do you actually think that the "occupy and mess up public spaces that families like to take their kids to" movement has endeared you to the general population that is footing the bill?

Don't you realize the 1% always come out on top, and that the organizers of this so called movement will also?

Do you truly think that most normal middle class families support what you guys and gals are doing?

Seriously man, I look at the people camping out in a historic square up here and I have nothing but contempt for them. None of them have jobs, none of them pay taxes, and they are destroying what used to be a beautiful spot.

It just looks like a bunch of homeless people trying to set up a commune in the middle of my city.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:51 PM  

Someone seems to have run out of hooch for their bong!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Come up to Victoria Square here in Montreal. The bongs are going all day long. It's a regular little Woodstock.

But most of them wouldn't last more than a few days without porta-potties.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads