Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 07:17 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Fox C-6 in Jefferson County. 5 kids and they all attend. Love it....
South County is a great place to send the kiddos as well.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM  

O'Fallon, MO
Winghaven is a really nice area, their schools are probably pretty good

I went to high school in the Francis Howell district in St. Charles, nothing but good experiences for me

Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM  

St. Louis, Mo
Based on St. Louis Magazine, The top public schools in St. Louis Co. are Ladue, Clayton, Webster and Lindbergh. This is based on % of students attending a 4 year college, and avg. ACT score
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowastate21 View Post
Based on St. Louis Magazine, The top public schools in St. Louis Co. are Ladue, Clayton, Webster and Lindbergh. This is based on % of students attending a 4 year college, and avg. ACT score
Having had a wife and four kids that have been to Lindbergh (2 kids still there) I would give high, high praise to it. This district is well funded, performs exceptionally well academically and has very involved and proud parents. It was recently ranked top in the state by schooldigger.com based on recent MAP scores.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM  

St. Louis, MO, MO
Rockwood and Parkway are probably the two best public school districts in the area.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM  

St Louis, MO
We moved into the Ladue school district when my son was in the third grade. It was a struggle. They teach in such a different way that it is difficult to come in from somewhere else and continue on. Far better to start out there than to transfer in.

My son is in middle school now and in the Ritenour District. We is learning and doing well and we are well satisfied.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM  

St. Louis, MO
I went to Chaminade for 7th & 8th grade, and then DeSmet Jesuit for high school. The private schools here are like a traditional greek system at most major universities: we knew people from each school, our friends overlapped, and we ended up knowing a lot more people from around the City, versus those public school children that primarily knew and hung around with only those at their school (most of the private schools are single-sex, so hanging around with only those at your school is not an option!) Personally, I very much enjoy(ed) knowing people from all around the City and County. Now that I am in business for myself, it has been a true asset.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 PM  

Saint Louis, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBillC View Post
Having had a wife and four kids that have been to Lindbergh (2 kids still there) I would give high, high praise to it. This district is well funded, performs exceptionally well academically and has very involved and proud parents. It was recently ranked top in the state by schooldigger.com based on recent MAP scores.
I agree! You cant argue with test results. Also, find an area that WILL fund education. I live in Oakville now and nothing makes me more frustrated than seeing a defeated Proposition nearly every election for school funding. Are my neighbors idiots? Thats why Lindbergh performs so well. They have local funding. They attract BETTER educators by offering a more attractive compensation package and also have cutting edge technology. Mehlville/Oakville needs to get with the program.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:49 PM  

Saint Louis, MO
I was happy with my Rockwood education. If I had kids I wouldn't mind them going there for public school.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads