Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM  

St Louis, MO
St. Louis, Haunted?

With all the places in and around St Louis with reported hauntings, whats your favorite place for a good scare?

Lemp Mansion? Zombie Road? Most of Alton?

I heard recently that whats left of Zombie Road is going to be added into the Katie Trail system. Don't know if there is truth to that or just a rumor.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 AM  

Saint Louis, Missouri
I saw some really weird stuff while I worked at the Myers house in Florissant (The Yellow Victorian house overlooking I-270 at Dunn Road). I ran the antique shop for my Grandma at night and many time would be the only one there.

The first weird thing was a ball bouncing down the stairs. Not strange in and of itself, except there wasn't a ball and I was the only one there. I heard it and got up to look because I didn't think anyone else was in the building, didn't see anything. I shrugged it off and went and sat back down. It happened again not a couple minutes later. Still nobody and no sign of a ball. The sound: bonk-bonk--bonk---bonk----bunk-----bang. So, stair, stair, stair, stair, floor, big rattly front door.

The second incident: Same scenario, weekday night, just me, eating pizza. I needed to use the restroom, so I started upstairs. Half-way up I noticed the door to the knitting shop was open, not strange they didn't always close it when they left. What was strange was that the door to the attic was open(behind the open knitting room door). I could tell it was open because there was a light on. I thought somebody had snuck up there and was poking around. The closer I got to the door, the less normal the light looked. It was kinda flickery, like a candle or lantern. I got to the bottom of the attic stairs thought I saw something turn into the attic at the top of the landing. But the light went out as soon as I got to the bottom of the attic stairs. The only light for the attic was a bare bulb at the top of the attic stairs and it was not on.

Being only 13, my nerves would only take me so far and I didn't go into the attic, so I just closed the door and went back downstairs. I never did get to go pee that night, no way was I going back up there.

While not haunted or anything, I am one of the few people that has been up on the Widows Walk of the Myers house. What an amazing and utterly terrify view. Man, it is high. I wish I could have seen the view 100 years ago before all the junk was there.

P.S. The barn deli has/had really good french onion soup. I need to go back see if they still have that.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:02 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Been to Zombie Road........not worth it anymore.

It has been re-paved and is a walking/cycling path now. Not scary. Never saw a thing.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:45 AM  
Stlbluerubicon

St. Louis, Mo
In st Charles, MO there is a place called "mollys grave" have used to be really scary.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!