Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 PM  

St Robert, Missouri
What to see?

When I bring the family to St Louis for a visit, what should we see (besides the arch)?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Sites

My wife and I moved to the area a few years ago and try to explore on the weekends. Depending on what your family interests are some of these may not be that interesting but I'll give a list of the places we've been.

- St. Louis Zoo - It's free and my family loves all the animals
- Science Center - In Forest Park with the zoo
- History Museum - In Forest Park too
- Forest Park - Has several options and is relatively close to downtown if you wanted to see the arch too.
- City Museum - I didn't get a chance to go here but my wife and in-laws went and they absolutely loved it. From their description it is a mix of a modern art museum and jungle gym.
- Butterfly House - If you like butterflies it's great.
- Botanical Gardens - It's a little cold for this place now, but the grounds here are beautiful. It reminds me of the large gardens you can find overseas.
- Anheuser Busch Brewery - Free beer and a tour of the brewery!
- Grant's Farm - Beautiful area to see wild life and enjoy a half day or so with the family
- Laumeier Sculpture Park - This is a nice place with open areas and sculptures. My family and I like to pack a picnic and enjoy the day here.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. Hopefully you'll see something that sounds interesting.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:43 PM  

St. Louis, MO
St. Louis has a lot to do and the previous post had great suggestions.
But the City Museum is a must. It is unlike anything you will see anywhere else. It is really more of a playground than a museum. Most everything is
made out of recycled junk turned into works of art. Don't miss it.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 PM  

+1 for City Museum. We make trips from school in rolla here often it is really cool.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:20 AM  
Realtor & HomeBrewer

St Louis - Saint Charles, MO
+2 for City Museum. Main Street St Charles is a nice historic area also. Blues or Cards game? Local breweries? Get some toasted ravioli while you're here, its an STL original!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM  

Saint Louis, MO
St Louis Zoo on a nice spring/summer day. It's free (other than a couple exhibits and the zooline railroad). Parking costs too, unless you park in Forest Park and walk, OR better yet, park at Turtle Park on Oakland. Then just walk across the overpass that goes over Highway 40/64, then into the zoo.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM  

Chesterfield, Missouri
Visiting the loo

All the attractions you listed are good ones and well worth the trip. Just concentrate on daytime activities and don't wander around the immediate downtown areas after dark.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 AM  

another vote for the city museum. it has a lot for people of all age. there is a lot for kids like tunnels and other things to climb on. most of the things for climbing on are suitable for adults as well.
there is also a small zoo type thing. They have alligators and stingrays and a bunch of other things. A little pricey but worth it.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 PM  

The zoo is classic fun, one of the best in the nation, and still free admission... City Museum can't be beat for creativity.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM  

I would say the top things to see if you have kids are:
The zoo
Grants Farm
Science Museum
Botanical Garden
The Arch

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!