Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Syracuse
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2011, 03:29 PM  

Buffalo, NY
Overnight Lodging Near NYS Fair

Spent over an hour researching hotels, motels, camp grounds, and even the hostel looking for affordable overnight accommodation. By affordable I mean dirt cheap so to speak as I'm unemployed. Don't need a pool or laundry services just a clean cot, head, shower would be good.

One campground looked promising but then I got to thinking that if we left our utility trailer @ our campsite as well as semi set up camp, first thing in the morning then headed out too the fair, how secure would our gear be ? We could chain the trailer. It's very small (our Aveo pulls it) to the picnic table but everything on it would be fair game if we were gone all day & evening.
Even paired down overnight camping would mean more gear than we can keep in the locked in the car.

Hostel looks promising if we can get a "family room". I've never stayed in one but it looks as if there's everything we need.
I called the one on Oak st. & left a message. There's no room rates on the website so I can't compare.
The main Hostel International website directs you to contact a hostel on membership not even a ruff estimate on that either.

Last time we (children & I) went to the Fair we tagged along with my parents who RV. Dad parked it in the lot @ the fair for the night.
It was stressful to say the least in their RV - if they could have plastic slip covers on everything the would.
Neither here nor there because we won't be having an RV anyways.
I just hate it that the fair won't accommodate tents. Not asking for a fire pit or even a picnic table just a spot to pitch a tent next to my car.

Appreciate any tips you Syracuse natives can give.

~~ pelenaka ~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Syracuse
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.