Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 02:03 PM  

Bradenton, Florida
Last time I was up there was when I lived in NC and flew down for a wedding. Went straight there from the airport, paid to park in a dirt lot where someone broke into my rental's trunk (popped out the lock on the trunk lid) and stole my bags which had amongst many other things I'd prefer not to have lost: my suit for wedding, my work laptop, and my car/housekeys. Good times... Made for a very expensive trip (and night out). Nothing like trying to pull together an outfit for a Noon wedding after being at the club until 4am.

Matt

Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM  
Beer Review Dude

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I dig Ybor City, they have a great brewpub and an Urban Outfitters.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 PM  

tampa
ybor during the day is pretty boring. at night its just a bunch of clubs, and the outskirts of ybor is a great place to get robbed. but, gameworks and tampa bay brewing company are in centro ybor. so thats a plus. it also has a lot of history.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM  

Orlando, Florida
Man you guys are harsh. The few times I have been it was fun. There are some great restaurants. Guavaween is fun, too.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM  

New Port Richey (tampa), Florida
anytime you go to ybor park in the parking garage. cheaper, safer.

i used to go there when i was younger but now only go for the occassional concert

i would like to check out tampa bay brewing company tho
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 AM  

Orlando, Florida
Is Cigar City Brewery in Ybor?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM  

tampa
no, but it isnt too far away. tampa bay brewing company is in ybor though.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM  

Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
Ybor city also became a heaven for Cubans leaving Cuba and thus became a center for the Tobacco trade. Tobacco, as in cigars.

I lived in Tampa for a while and, even though i was too young to party there, i knew it was the place to hang out and to be hung if you weren't careful.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM  

Tampa, Florida
Ybor has cleaned up quite a bit in the last 10 years. I it actually a really neat place to visit at any time of the day!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM  

FL
Ybor is alot like downtown - dead on Sundays.

The central hubub would be 7th avenue with 8th on the outskirts. There are clubs, bars, tattoo parlors, live music, restaurants, convenience stores and abandoned warehouses. Youll also run into police officers, drunken idiots, alcoholics and drug addicts; but they don't have to taint your night! Just walk quickly and make sure you know where your going (and how to get back); it can be a fun place.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Bookmark this Page!