Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
200-megapixel resolution

HTML Code:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/28/object-lust-200-megapixel-45000-camera/
Quote:
How cutting edge can you get?
If you've got the bucks, there's a world of awe-inspiring gadgets and goodies out there for you. From hundred thousand dollar watches to speakers that sound so good they'll make an audiophile weak in the knees, The Big Ticket is your weekly peek into the best goods gobs of money can buy.
The main stat people consider when buying a digital camera is megapixels: The more you have, the sharper the image. Sure, quality optics are a key factor as well, but when it comes to stats, more megapixels generally means better quality cameras.
That's why enthusiasts and amateurs alike are drooling over the recently announced Hasselblad H4D-200MS, which boasts an amazing 200-megapixel resolution and a heart-attack inducing $45,000 price tag.
The guts of the camera, Hasselblad's patented piezo frame module, captures six shots simultaneously and combines them into an astounding super-resolution picture.

For one thing, there's the name, of course. Hasselblad has dominated the professional "medium format" market -- a film standard larger than the standard 24mm by 36mm format (which we all know as 35mm) but smaller than the 4-inch by 5-inch large format standard.
The company says the camera was designed for studio photographers, whose work requires the ultimate in resolution, extremely fine details and exacting color reproduction. "The H4D-200MS is ideal for capturing images of stationary items such as cars, jewelry, artwork and other high end products where there is no room for compromise in image quality," Hassleblad stated in a press release announcing the camera.
It features extended multi-shot capabilities and all the benefits of the H4D family of cameras such as True Focus, Ultra Focus and Digital Lens Correction, to name just a few.
Still unsure? Consider buying it in Europe. The 32,000 Euro pricetag sounds smaller, doesn't it?
200-megapixel resolution-hasselblad_h4d-200ms.jpg 

200-megapixel resolution-hassleblad-h4d200ms-640.jpg 

Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Well that is a lot cheaper than the 45 mp H4d.

If you look at cost per mp then this one is $225 per mp. The Older H4d with the 45 mp back is $1k per mp. So it is like 1/4 the cost.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
If I owned a Blad I'd barely shoot it. Just hug it as I fell asleep at night.

http://www.hasselblad.com/user-showc...eyerowitz.aspx
200-megapixel resolution-crocheted-hasselblad-.jpg 

200-megapixel resolution-time.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads