Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 AM  

Nevada
BBC Readers on Upgrading from Windows XP

As I use Vista, I don't have this problem. Yet. But, it presents something to think about and I need to convince my wife to let me upgrade to 7. No 8!

Read article @ http://www.bbc.com/news/business-28973025

Old 09-07-2014, 07:42 PM  

When Microsoft moves forward it doesn't necessarily mean forward for users, it's more of a forward for the corporate purse. Most people weren't happy with Vista as I am told it is a memory hog. But I guess they are happy now that they are beyond XP. Neither Win 7 nor Win 8 seem right for my purposes so at present I am holding on to XP, going online only long enough to get anti-virus updates or to send/receive files that I can't easily do with my Google Chromebook.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:46 PM  

Nashville, TN
I'm still running with XP on the desktop and my laptop that I use for work. I had a problem with Internet Explorer being corrupted and couldn't get any help from microsoft so I downloaded Google Chrome and went back to Nortons and I have to say its running better than it has in a long time. Thank you microsoft for convincing me to get an Ipad.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.