Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Dell Computers

Just be aware that Dell is having financial problems. My wife ordered me a new laptop on 6/5 and paid $25 for overnight shipping. Still don't have it. The rep told us this morning that they won't ship until they get a truck load, another 3-5 days. They also refuse to refund the shipping fee. They offered a gift card. My wife and son both have new laptops, so a gift card is of no use. One rep said they have been laying off people because of slow sales. No wonder.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM  

I believe I would be cancelling my order ASAP. Call your credit card company and let them deal with it.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Kind of funny. They just created a $100million fund for start ups. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/100...ion-2012-06-07

Many businesses use what is called on-demand shipping meaning that when they get low on say processors Intel will ship them x amount of processors. They don't keep millions of parts on hand because in the tech world that is not a good way to run a computer business. A hard drive can go from in everything Monday and by friday it can me end of life. Things move fast in the tech world. I can find no news articles or any kind of news that says or shows that Dell is in any kind of trouble. Seeing as just about every single college in the country uses them as well as 90% of the public school systems use dell computers I don't think they are in too bad a shape.

Just because one shipment gets held up by a ship in port or a storm at sea. Doesn't mean the company is going under.

What model did you order? If it is a popular model they may have had a run on them lately and just might have ran out of a single part and that is what could be holding up the shipment.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads