Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Dell rip off

My wife gave $1500 for a new laptop in November. It quit after 2 weeks. All you get when you turn it on is a gray screen. She has been fighting with them since then. They refuse to fix it and refuse to give a refund. She had even paid extra for a warranty that was to cover anythng. Buyer beware.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Unfortunately this appears to be a major issue with Dell.

They have gotten too big for their britches and now their customer support has gone to absolute ****. I am forced to deal with them at a corporate level with my job, as they are the 'reseller' of our products. So now when I need tech support, I have to call THEM as opposed to the manufacturer.

Oh, that and I usually average around 4 different sales reps in a given year (seriously high turnaround)

Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
After another 4 hours on the phone, they agreed to have a local tech replace the CD/DVD drive so that the OS can be re downloaded. Yes, it doesn't run on a new computer.
We have three other 17" Dell laptops w W7 here that work fine. The problem one has W8, only because Dell no longer will sell W7.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
You couldn't pay me to own anything Dell. Always had major problems with most of them and quit using their products over 10 years ago.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!