Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2010, 12:22 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've got a Samsung Solstace - not anything super fancy, but it does the job for me. I barely ever use my phone, honestly - I'm not allowed to bring it into work.

I bet Android will stay on the market. If not just for the anti-Apple people out there that refuse to go with them. Even if it does fizzle out, I bet the support will stay out there on the market - there's a lot of people just like you who already have the phone for at least 2 years.

I think on my next contract around, I may jump into the whole Android/iPhone thing

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 AM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
As strong as android is now, I do not see it dieing. I believe that it is finally a rival to the iphone. I have been a verizon customer since 98, so I am not leaving. I was really excited about the cdma version of the iphone, but with the new android features, the iphone pales in comparison.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i dunno, i think the iphone shines in its simplicity. then again, i have barely used an android phone...
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM  

Schwenksville, Pa
Once you get to know where everything is on the android it's actually very easy to use and it's packed full of features. I don't see it going anywhere and it's definitely supported. They do updates to the operating system that's pushed to your phone over the air. I've gotten two since I've owned mine and each time I get new things to play with. Last I head it was actually outselling the iphone.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM  

Isn't it true the i phone still contains a non-replaceable battery? I could store the dead ones next to my 3 dead i pods in my cabinet! I love the Droid, but is it still alot more bulky in my pocket than my old flip phone. I just wish I would have waited a few more months in order to receive the much better Droid X!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Testing out the droid2 at bestbuy
Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
dont like the droid2. need to find a droidx to play with. no one has demo models, just dummies
Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM  

Willis, Texas
If you want an iPhone, what for one offered by a provider other than ATT. We use ATT here at work (I'm responsible for all of our phones) and I HATE the coverage ATT provides. I have even had to install cellular repeaters in 2 of our buildings due to dead zones.

If you like the Droid, the X or 2 from Verizon is looking really really good.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM  

Schwenksville, Pa
What didn't you like about the droid2?
Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
screen didnt jive with my fingers (average size) and the top row of keys are too close to the screen. also i didnt like how typing in text boxes (i.e. the google search bar) worked. i dont know if there are settings to tweak, but first impression was mediocre at best. i still haven't found a droidx to play with. i think i'll like it alot better. if not, ill just keep what i have (env touch) until it stops working.if the iphone is on verizon soon, i might grab it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads