Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM  

Bozeman, Montana
I have a HTC hero running android 2.1 right now and i like it. I'm not really a iPhone fan, in my opinion anything running android with a decent amount of memory will be a good phone.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 PM  
Traveler

Fredericksburg, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCoffeePlumber View Post
If you hold out for awhile, Verizon may get the iPhone. Just saying. I know nothing.
It was supposed to hit store in Jan of 2011 but the deal is looking more and more like Apple trying to force Verizons hand.

The bad thing if you buy an Iphone your stuck with apple for music apps and just about everything else.

I would go with the Droid X or HTC Incredible both are top of the line droid phones.

If apple doesn't watch it they are going to go the way of the windows mobile phones. Droid is a slimmer faster more secure phone os than ios and windows and bb.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 AM  

Bozeman, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTTang30 View Post
It was supposed to hit store in Jan of 2011 but the deal is looking more and more like Apple trying to force Verizons hand.

The bad thing if you buy an Iphone your stuck with apple for music apps and just about everything else.

I would go with the Droid X or HTC Incredible both are top of the line droid phones.

If apple doesn't watch it they are going to go the way of the windows mobile phones. Droid is a slimmer faster more secure phone os than ios and windows and bb.

It's already headed that way, droids are typically a lot less expensive than new iphone also, atleast around here. I have yet to find something a iphone can do that a droid can't do better....
Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah, I knew that this would turn into a droid vs iphone thread eventually...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-28-2010, 05:53 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
yep lol. it always does...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 AM  

Eureka, MT
When Verizon bought out Alltel, they had to give up some areas. AT&T bought up a lot of rural areas, and when I put in Minot zip code in the Alltel website it informs me of the merger. So....AT&T and iPhone will be coming to your area. When??? I have no idea. I was told first quarter of next year for my area.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
ya i was talking to the altell guy about that the other day. i completely forgot to ask him when the whole thing was going to happen though...
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM  

Austin, Tx
Apple almost lost me by constantly adding more OS to my tired 3G, to the point it was almost unusable for me (I am not patient with my gadgets though). I went and played with Droids and had my buddy let me use his for an evening. After which I bought an iPhone 4. I really appreciate the "don't make me think" usability of the OS, even if it means I can't move my apps anywhere on the background, etc, etc.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:32 PM  
SW Explorer and Wanderer

Albuquerque, NM
HD2.

Running Android 2.2.1

This 4.3 inch screen is spoiling me, and my company just pre-ordered some of that new motorola defy with the 3.8 inch screen, and I dont know how I feel about that.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:38 PM  

Ashland, KY
I'm an ATT customer, have been for years.

I'm stuck debating back and forth between the Iphone 4 and Samsung Captivate right now. By all the debates and discussions I'm pretty well convinced that droid is right up there with "the best" now. Maybe even passed Apply up by now. I have been back and forth so much on it.

I have 9 more days until I can upgrade so decisions decisions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!