Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Stop sopa/ pipa now!!!!

Everyone please don't stop pinging your reps about this. This is a HORRIABLE solution to a none existent problem.

http://www.techdirt....ign-sites.shtml

Also if anyone uses godaddy for web hosting DROP THEM NOW. They support SOPA/ PIPA. DROP godaddy.com

http://support.godad...sition-on-sopa/

http://www.pcworld.c..._opponents.html

Folks this is bad news for us.

Think about it The Firing Line and The High Road have both been around a long time longer than just about any gun forum out there. All they have to do is say the word and out cool ass kickass forum would be GONE till the owners and admin could raise enough money to fight it in court.

I watch a internet tv site called revision3.com great tech shows. The RIAA/ MPAA did a Denial Of Service attack on them for posting THEIR content via bit torrent. This was content the shows of revision3.com produced edited created and distributed all on their own and someone at RIAA/ MPAA didn't like it so they tried to shut them down because they used a torrent.

If either of these pass it will be the end of the internet as we know it. How much do you want to live like the Communist Chinese? That is what the internet will look like. BLOCKED from view billions of sites all because a big company says look they stole my stuff NO court, NO NOTICE, No nothing just poof gone from the DNS and if your not on the DNS your web site doesn't exist. This just doesn't affect web sites out side the USA this affects us ALL everyone reading this you are affected by this.

Stop American Censorship

Old 12-25-2011, 11:16 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
For once I actually agree with you. This is "big brother" at it's worse.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:32 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor
For once I actually agree with you. This is "big brother" at it's worse.
I agree with samfloor. On both points.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:40 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
There were 12 sponsors with Republican Lamar Smith of Texas being the one who introduced it into the house.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:57 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
As one person pointed out on another forum, under SOPA if you illegally share a Michael Jackson song, you could go to jail for 5 years. The doctor accused in his death is getting 4 years
Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I usually don't get into politics, but SOPA has to be stopped.

Site like ours could be shut down if someone posted content that could be considered pirated or owned and I have no way of stopping this.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!