Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM  

Lawton, Oklahoma
I picked up a samsung 55 inch LED several months back and i love it. I used to hate watching dark movies, or playing dark video games, but everything comes through so clear on that thing its awesome.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM  

Washington DC, Washington DC
I have a much smaller room (about 15') and have a 65" DLP TV. A lot of people say it's way too big, but I really like it for movies because it gives a nice field of vision. For the price DLP was a nobrainer, I'm waiting for LCD to come down in price.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM  

LCD - LED lit all the way. The contrast ratio's are amazing. You get an LCD screen with amazing contrast.

However, they are rather expensive. They are rather new.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
dlp's are cheap, but they seem to be quite problematic
Old 10-10-2010, 06:30 PM  

Volusia County, FL
That sounds like a bedroom size. I have a 37" LG in my bedroom, which is nice. A friend of mine works for a rent-to-own place, and he lets me "test" returned TV's.. I have a 50-something LG in my living room right now, but it has to go back, and I will be back with my 31" in the living room.

Only two tube type TV's left in my house.... both are in my boy's room.... one is a 19" RCA and the other is a 19" Magnavox. I wanna replace those with 19" LCD's this christmas.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:50 PM  

Grand Junction, Colorado
My living room is about 18' x 12' and I have a 50" in it. I wouldn't go any smaller than that. I want to replace the 25" tube tv in the BR with a 32-37" flat screen on a wall mount.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:18 AM  

Glendale, Arizona
My living room is about that size and we have a 37in that we had in our apt. It fit the small apt living room great, but I think we could go bigger in the new living room. Like a 42-47. Shopping for TVs is always a pain because they are in such a huge display area, its hard to judge what it'll look like in your living room.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM  

Knoxville, TN
I have to agree with many of the previous posts: LCD-LED

I've got a LG 47" LCD with LED back light. One of the great features of the LG, is that the LEDs used for backlighting are in a grid behind the entire screen. This allows for more localized brightness adjustments and results in much better contrast between blacks and brights. Many of the LCD-LED TVs only put the LED backlights around the outside edges which can cause the blacks to get washed out near the edges.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I need pics, but it has to consume at least half of the room.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTTang30 View Post
Plasmas esp the cheaper ones will still burn in. You can fix it and Panasonic are the best at resisting burn in for plasmas.

LCD don't burn in but your half life for the tubes is about 10 years depending on how much tv you watch.

My family room is about 10x18 and I have a 42" a 47" may work but 50"+ is too big.

LED TV's are still an LCD screen but instead of using a CCT (Cold Cathode Tube) for light it uses LED's they use less energy produce better more natural light and much less heat than CCT or flo tubes...
Too big?? What is this too big you speak of??

My living room is 15' square and my Vizio 37" LCD seems small from across the room... I'd have preferred going bigger...

The 37" does make one sweet PC monitor though...
Old 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM  

Worcester, Massachusetts
Id go with the LED, new technology. Why buy an older form of technology? I have a plasma and the screen burn is an issue. If something stays on the screen too long you can still see the lines when its on a new screen...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!