Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 04:41 AM  

Huntington, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by slagersan View Post
Is Christmas crazy crowded in Gatlinburg? We've been tossing around doing Christmas there as the kids usually do the in-law thing and we're alone anyway. We do not like crowds. Is Christmas as busy as it is in the summer?
Pretty much! Especially on the weekends

Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 AM  

Clarksville, Tennessee
My man you are heading in the right direction.. My wife and I get up there PRE-Xmas. The lights and atmosphere is great, the people are friendly, and the hot cocoa flows like a river,,,, oh sorry, got on a rant there.. Just kidding. Gatlinburg is starting to deteriorate a little.. but it is still very nice. I highly recommend one of the many many off season cabin rentals. They are roomy, warm and always have that log cabin appeal. They have fireplaces, and hot tubs, sit on top of mountains and have amazing views. When it snows in Gatlinburg, you are in heaven. Its quiet and you are on your own. I recommend checking out one of the many cabin rental places, they are cheaper than any hotel at xmas time. I dont recommend going on xmas though.. it gets kinda crowded. The streets of the old village shoppes are very quaint and inviting. There is plenty to see and do. I like to drive through the National Park, and up the mountain to the TN/Carolina border. It is an amazing view down the valley with the trees and snow. Make sure you dress warm. I highly recommend the Dolly Parton Restaurant and Show,,its a little pricey, but worth it to see at least once. The cream of Vegetable soup is to die for..

Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM  

Clarksville, Tennessee
Kind of late but I know they have skiing up there.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 PM  

clarksville, TN
I have looked in to gatlinburg. I want to go see it in the winter and summer/fall time. I have heard soo many great things about the area. So many things to do and see.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM  

Tampa, Florida
I was up there the day after Christmas and it was busy, alot of people,alot of snow. I had a cabin rented in wears vally,but the mountain road going up to it was covered in ice and snow. I made it to the cabin but had 8" of snow in driveway. It sucked driving down,slid a bit, glad I did not stay and got my money back. They had on the news that alot of people were stuck in there cabins for several days could not drive down or up to them. Glad I have a built 4x4 and can go just about anywere.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.