Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 PM  
U.S. Air Force

Charleston, SC
What to do in Gatlinburg?

My wife and I are taking a trip to Gatlinburg next week and I was wondering from the locals whats the best things to do. We are both in our mid-20's with no kids on this trip.

What is everyones suggestions?

Old 01-26-2011, 05:50 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
Clingmans Dome is a nice part to visit good luck climbing the hill to the observation tower, but take a camera for sure. I would also suggest Cades Cove auto loop/tour, i hope the road work and, peak season has slowed down. I forgot to mention if you go to the dome it is a 7 mile hike in the off season. Good luck and have fun.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM  

Aquarium is cool, ski lodge take the tram, a lot of small bars to hang out in.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:54 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbum View Post
Aquarium is cool, ski lodge take the tram, a lot of small bars to hang out in.
Thanks i had forgot about those, also the Titanic museum.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:21 PM  

Cades Cove in the national park is a lot of fun. Tons of hiking and waterfalls, Chimney Tops is one of my favorites. Dollywood is a good time my wife kids and I usually spend a couple days everytrip. We see bears quite often on the Historic MOtor Nature Trail and at Cades Cove. Klingmans dome is a fun little hike if you go on a clear day you can see very far.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:00 PM  

I would definitely go see the Aquarium, Cades Cove, and just walk the Gatlinburg strip as it has tons of fun shopping and activities. I also own a chalet located that has a picturesque view of Mt. Leconte there if you ever plan on going back, shoot me a pm.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads