Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM  

San Angelo, Texas
Donating Blood

Anyone else donate? I donated today for the first time in a couple years. They wanted me to do platelets but since I hadn't donated in a while they didn't have some required number the computer wanted. So I donated whole blood. I know I have donated over a gallon in the past during my time in the military. I just got to wondering if anyone else donates, United Blood Services made it sound like they were really hurting for platelets, anyone know how the platelets are utilized? I'll Google it but just wondering.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:55 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I need to find a place down here, my grandparents where life long donors and I always wanted to do it.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 AM  

San Angelo, Texas
It really didn't take long at all, maybe 30 mins in and out, with only minor discomfort at the puncture site. Looked up the platelets thing too, I had no idea it was such an important thing most can give. I have always just figured blood was blood, guess not in the big picture. I would highly encourage anyone to donate.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.