Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2010, 08:08 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Favorite Texas Lake

Curious what everyone's favorite lake is in Texas.

Been going to Lake Buchanan in Burnet County most of my life so I am partial to it.

Lately though the lake level has been pretty low though. Last time I was out it was down 7' still which drys up a lot of the coves.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM  

Lufkin, Texas
Good Ole Sam Rayburn in East Texas. Great Fishing and Boating. When theres water in it that is! It's been a dry summer and it's about 6' low right now.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Growing up, my parents and grandparent had a house on Buchanan, so by default it's my favortie.

When I was a kid and the water levels would get to low, we would all play in the mud. It sort of set me up for wheeling in the future.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 AM  

Kerrville ... San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Been going to Lake Buchanan in Burnet County most of my life so I am partial to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Growing up, my parents and grandparent had a house on Buchanan, so by default it's my favortie.
You guys must have never been to Medina Lake, . I also like Lake Buchanan after only having been there one time, and that was without my boat. Also got a view of Lake Lydon B Johnson/Marble falls. Very nice lakes. Canyon Lake? Meh ... it's ok.
Define lake. I am working right now off the shores og Choke Canyon Reservoir, a lake in it's own right. The only thing is, is that it is not a full activity lake. Much of the shore line is private, like the whole north side as well as much of the rest. I say private but it is State of Texas owned. Many other lakes also have private access.
Canyon Lake is located on somewhat flat territory. Making it a good venue for sail boats (I am a speed boat guy). Medina Lake is located in a steeper hill country area, giving great depths below and great height above the water line. Medina Lake is also dotted by many coves, most having amenities such as fuel, food, beer, live music, camping, and such. One can actually go "cove hopping" for things to do.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:01 PM  

Baytown, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
Good Ole Sam Rayburn in East Texas. Great Fishing and Boating. When theres water in it that is! It's been a dry summer and it's about 6' low right now.
I second this! I love Lake Sam Rayburn.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Possum Kingdom lake in Graham. Great scenery, great fishing, great trails, and great camping.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 PM  

Lufkin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildweller05 View Post
I second this! I love Lake Sam Rayburn.
Forgot to mention the Awesome bow fishing. We are seeing buffalo in the 45 -50 lb range all over.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 AM  

New Braunfels, TX
My favorite is Lake Whitney! It kinda holds a special place in my heart! The lake is big and beautiful. Lots of great places for camping or little rental places. I wish I could get up there more.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 AM  

Port Neches, Texas
Sam Rayburn..... Gotta love the boating, fishing and beaches.......
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM  

Vernon, texas
Possum Kingdom is the best!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.