Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM  

Georgia
The food! I moved to GA from Houston 4 years ago and I really miss the food. I'd move back to Austin or San Antonio if I was going back tho.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 PM  

Elysian Fields, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by skays1 View Post
Leave now and never return, you are unfit for the land of Texas, may Chuck Norris throw your bed into the Rio Grande with you in it!

For those that don't seem to understand. Chunk only played Texas Ranger. My Great-Grandfather on the other hand was the real deal. Which entitles me to tell all Texacans to bite me.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbrokegirl View Post
Cause everythings BIGGER in Texas!! lol.. ;-)

Big hats, big boots, BIG trucks, a huge Burger called the "Bubba Burger", you can buy a glass of tea buy the bucket full..... the list goes on!

I love Texas but don't care much for the super hot summers. :/
lol lollol lol
Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5mag12 View Post
for those that don't seem to understand. Chunk only played texas ranger. My great-grandfather on the other hand was the real deal. Which entitles me to tell all texacans to bite me.
no kiddin a5/ also thanks to fexas for all your migrating illeagles! Can't you guys shoot worth a darn? When they hop over?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by armytech8098 View Post
No other state is so proud of itself. We have texas shaped Tortilla chips for pete's sake. Plus, any state you can carry a gun into walmart is fine with me.
yeah okay thats cool
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM  

Corpus Christi, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post

The Alamo and the River Walk is a must see..
This.
And the food is amazing.
The cowboys stadium is pretty nice.
A big reason why people come out here tho is cause of the beach, if your into that sorta thing
Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 PM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
TRUE THAT, san antonio rocks! we did our vacation there. best thing about fexas!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM  

Spring in Texas

Born and raised in Texas but now in living elsewhere, I miss Spring in Texas. Things usually start turning green in late February and the wildflowers soon follow. Try this link for more information or GOOGLE bluebonnet blooming season in Texas for several good links and Texas info:
Where can you see bluebonnets bloom - Blooming bluebonnets in Texas
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 AM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylady View Post
Born and raised in Texas but now in living elsewhere, I miss Spring in Texas. Things usually start turning green in late February and the wildflowers soon follow. Try this link for more information or GOOGLE bluebonnet blooming season in Texas for several good links and Texas info:
Where can you see bluebonnets bloom - Blooming bluebonnets in Texas
I love wildflower season driving through the Hill Country on the way to a hike in Enchanted Rock followed by a good meal and a pint at Fredericksburg Brewing.

Warning: "Spring" in Texas = Summer in the rest of the world. It is February and has already hit the mid 80's. "Summer" in Texas = the seventh level of Dante's Hell...yeah, the one with boiling rivers, stunted gnarled trees, and a burning sandy wasteland...It's freakin HOT
Finally "Winter" might be a close approximation to most people's Fall/ Spring. We really have two seasons, Summer and Oh My Sweet Jesus Why Can't I Take More Clothing Off!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Victor singing on the Rio Grande, Boquillas Canyon, Big Bend National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
We have the best flag. Seriously, sit down and look at all of the state flags. New Mexico is cool (not as cool as Texas, but cool), but the rest just suck!!! Find me another flag you would tattoo on your ass

Just read your comment about the flag.........but, just wanted to post the video below, I took from a Texan's e-mail.....we West Virginia "Mountaineers" kinda' like our flag....but, it's a little more elaborate than Texas', so don't know if you would want it as a "tatoo" or not.........read what it stands for, etc..

West Virginia State Flag

Here's a couple links everyone may find interesting....got them from the link to the flags....there's lots of "goodies" here....

http://www.50states.com/facts/texas.htm

http://www.50states.com/

Victor singing on the Rio Grande, Boquillas Canyon, Big Bend National Park

QUOTE: Victor canoed across the Rio Grande (on the border of Texas and Mexico ) to sing and sell decorated sotol sticks, rocks, jewelry and other hand made objects from the Mexican town, Boquillas which is right across the river (Rio Grande) on the Texas border (Big Bend National Park). The river was up in Sept 2010 in Boquillas Canyon.
Sometime after this video was shot, the border patrol were more strict in enforcment at Boquillas canyon, possibly because of the proposed legal opening to the town of Boquillas in April of 2012.
Meanwhile, the residents of Boquillas still need to eat.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads