Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 AM  

Houston, TX
Another vote for the Salt Lick in Driftwood. Good stuff & you can bring your own cooler to the parking lot!

There are literally thousands of good BBQ places in Texas though. I've stopped at many a bbq smokehouse shack and eaten like a king.

We spend a lunch hour at Luling's in Houston every month or so. Good stuff!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
Tex Mex is the best food on the planet. BBQ is a close 2nd. Cooper's in Llano is sooooo tasty. Most every town in Texas a pretty decent BBQ joint though. Usually the less tim they spend making the restruant look nice means more time making the food good. Don't forget the peppers and peach cobbler for dessert!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM  

Odessa, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa187 View Post
Tex Mex is the best food on the planet. BBQ is a close 2nd. Cooper's in Llano is sooooo tasty. Most every town in Texas a pretty decent BBQ joint though. Usually the less tim they spend making the restruant look nice means more time making the food good. Don't forget the peppers and peach cobbler for dessert!!!!
I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
FORT WORTH....where we kill the cow and smoke it in the same day!!

I'd recommend Risky's for a good BBQ sandwhich and Angelo's for their brisket. If you're looking for a good frito pie, there is a place on the north side of Fort Worth that we all just call "Smiley face" b/c their sign is just a big yellow smiley face....I'm not even sure of the actual name, but it is just north of 820 on 287.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 AM  

houston, texas
My two faverites are Schultz BBQ in rosenberg and Good Co BBQ in houston
Old 10-08-2010, 02:06 PM  

Midland, texas
If you are driving across on I-20 stop in Midland. Halfway between El Paso and Dallas. Try Brooks, Johnny's, or Brown's, they are all great. And you can't beat the mexican food from the food trucks on the south side!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:21 PM  

Jacksonville, NC
Eastern NC barbecue is terrible. Besides there aren't any real barbecue joints off the coast. And if there are the Eastern concept of barbecue is atrocious. You can't BBQ pork. It just aint right. You also cant put vineger in your sauce cause that aint right either. Texas and Missouri I'd have to say have it. And if you around Fort Worth, go to The Feedstore in Southlake, TX. It's definitely a top contender in North East Texas.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:44 PM  

New Braunfels, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Starting to feel kinda jerked around here.......Whose BBQ is best, Texas or Missouri?? What about South Carolina?

And, is it anywhere in Texas or one specific City. Is it Ribs, butt or brisket?

In Missouri, is the best BBQ only in Kansas City?

Inquiring minds want to know!!
Scott~

Here is my suggestion; You are just gonna have to make a 'cross Texas' road trip and try all the suggestions out and then come back and report your findings. Like most have said; BBQ in Texas there are so many out there ALL of which are delicious!
Nothing like some dead cow slow cooked or grilled!
HardCore Carnivore out!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM  

Waco, TX
In waco Uncle Dan's is known to be one of the best. Not sure where in TX you are going to be but you should check it out if you get a chance.
Uncle Dan's Rib House
Address: 1001 Lake Air Dr
Waco, TX 76710
Old 10-17-2010, 11:57 AM  

roanoke, Texas
Wow this is a rather ugly can of worms....

Word to the wise is there is good and bad BBQ but when asking for the best it's like asking who has the best football team.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.