Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 AM  

Port Neches, Texas
Where to ride in South East Texas

Where are some cool Jeeping areas in Southeast Texas?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM  

Port Neches, Texas
We like to make the McFadden Beach to Crystal Beach run down the old Hwy 87.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 AM  

Houston, TX
North Padre Island (South of Corpus) has a 4wd only portion of the beach that is always fun for camping & fishing.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Im pretty disappointed with the 4wd opportunities here in south Texas. You would think that a state with so much land would have more public trails. Tons of lifted 4x4's... no OHV parks.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
has anyone tried hidden falls? I've been thinking about going soon. Katemcey Rocks is pretty sweet
Old 02-21-2011, 12:27 AM  

When were in a 4x4 club years ago, we used to go riding up around the lakes area of Sam Rayburn. Unfortunately, I think the BLM shut down these trails.

Now days, since we have been into the ATV riding scene, we load up and go to Shiloh Ridge in Alto, Texas. Or also General Sams Off0road park in Huntsville, TX. Both are pretty good parks in my opinion. They offer a good variety of terrain for all types of vehicles.

Just don't go on a big event weekend if you don't like crowds, or idiots.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41 PM  

There's also Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, TX... awesome pplace to go jeepin/wheelin.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 AM  

San Angelo, Texas
Quote:
North Padre Island (South of Corpus) has a 4wd only portion of the beach that is always fun for camping & fishing.
We are going to be headed down to Corpus this summer and I would like to do some beach riding. Would you happen to have coordinates or an address of some kind so that I can get an idea about this place? Usually we just ride up and down the beach between Corpus and Port A. I would like some more variety of places to go and see down that way.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:26 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensubmarine
When were in a 4x4 club years ago, we used to go riding up around the lakes area of Sam Rayburn. Unfortunately, I think the BLM shut down these trails.

Now days, since we have been into the ATV riding scene, we load up and go to Shiloh Ridge in Alto, Texas. Or also General Sams Off0road park in Huntsville, TX. Both are pretty good parks in my opinion. They offer a good variety of terrain for all types of vehicles.

Just don't go on a big event weekend if you don't like crowds, or idiots.
I grew up about 30 miles from Shiloh ridge in alto...that is a awesome place to ride I had a blast every time I went...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!