Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Toledo
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM  

Mineola, NY
AUTO RACING. Anybody active in SCCA, ARCA or NASCAR?

I may be moving to Toledo this summer. I actively race in the SCCA, and have considered racing at the local NASCAR 1/8th mile track here in Long Island where I currently live. What class do you race in, and are you happy with the track/locations, and the participation level?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:03 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
I was planning on going SCCA racing long ago while in the Air Force. I'd have been part of the SIR region near St. Louis, Mo. Unfortunately, it never happened since the car I planned to run was trashed by an irresponsible drunk driver. (me) Fortunately, I took no one out with me. Lesson learned the hard way.

Not sure what there is around here for SCCA, but there is the Toledo Speedway nearby, as well as other small tracks in the area, and if you start to travel more while racing, you're not far from the Mid-Ohio sports car course......of course.

Best wishes with the move this summer, if it happens.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 AM  

Mineola, NY
The Toledo Speedway even has a BMX track! Any chance you're going to build another car General? Or are you too busy off-road these days?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:01 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
I'd like to build one, but, at the moment, that is out of the question. We've got lots of irons in the fire here, and out of state so I'll have to make due without. It's always a possibility though. I've got cars I can use (some of those irons that need taken care of) and if I ever get to one in particular, then I'll be trying it in Solo II when finished.

So what's your story? What do you run? Got pics or video?

Didn't know the speedway had a BMX track either!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 AM  

Mineola, NY
I ran a supercharged miata in SCCA SSM last year, and am currently building an LS7 powered Nissan 240sx for NASA time trials and Redline Time Attack. The miata's supercharged is pushing out 19.5 lbs of boost and is quite a handful even on the hoosiers.

I was looking over ARCA's 4 cylinder class that runs at Toledo Speedway. The last three years champion runs a focus. I can think of at least 4 other cars that would crush a focus and still fit within the rules. That would be a fun cheap class to keep you busy on Friday nights! And when the car is all beat to heck go race it in '24 hours of Lemons'!

Here's my youtube channel

YouTube - harrytoes3's Channel

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Toledo
Bookmark this Page!