Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM  

PA
Factory Tours?

When we travel we like to go "watch it made". Are there any good factory tours near you we should see?

Here in Central PA area you can walk the floors at the Harley Davidson plant in York, or the Mack Truck plant in Allentown. Most of the many snackfood places have tours, one of our favorites is UTZ potato chips in Hanover. There is always Hershey's Chocolate World, but its just not the same, its a ride through a mock up, you used to walk the actual factory, the smells were overwhelming.

In York every year they have a special time when many places open their doors to visitors that normally aren't, kind of like a Chirtmas Home Tour. It is usually in June.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Just north of us in Everett WA you can catch a tour at Boeing and see how they build commercial jets. Right near us in Redmond Microsoft has a visitor center, not exactly a factory tour but still interesting. When in NW Oregon we always stop at the Tillamook Cheese factory, which has tours, but better yet a great selection of ice cream.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:22 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I've been told the John Deere plant had tours. I'd like to go see them built...
Old 12-04-2010, 02:06 AM  
rub a dub dub

between your ears talking to ya, Georgia
Any big or popular distillery will have a tour, I think. I went to two of em while in Chile. Very cool.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:43 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
When we travel, we always try to visit local wineries or breweries. Most locals will give you tips on where to eat and places to avoid...we've met some really nice people at factories.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads