Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
How Long Before you Honk?

My commute is 7 miles one way, mainly on the same road with a handful of lights thrown in to slow me down.

I was behind a man checking out himself in his vanity mirror (not judging, just conveying fact) and the light turned green. I waited all of five seconds before I went for my horn, and the person behind me went to town on theirs. My inner monologue was all " I honked, he's moving, don't honk at me!" without thinking she was just helping.

I don't know, how long do you wait? I don't like being honked at but I don't spend time in the vanity mirror either. I assume if I'm in the car everything is in order.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
You might be on the Southern edge of your city but it's still a big city. Everyone honks in 3 microseconds on the East coast but not here. I've actually learned patience.
People in cars defer to pedestrians as well as eachother. I was a 4 way stop sign intersection yesterday where (as usual) we were all waving the others to go. No horns, just "nice".

Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM  
fustrated genius

I usually give a short little "BEEP" to wake them out of their self admiring stuper is all.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
0.68 seconds. Thats like an eternity to an android.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:59 AM  

Sammamish, WA
I also go with about 5 seconds, but it's amazing to see that most of the time no one honks, they just wait calmly, even if the light changes again!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I have no horn, so I wait about half a second before the cuss words start flying out of my Jeep.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I have no horn, so I wait about half a second before the cuss words start flying out of my Jeep.
I yell too, not curse words, and not intentionally, but as I lay into my horn I yell "Move!".
Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
how can a self-proclaimed Admin know nothing about it?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 PM  

san diego, CA
I start looking before the light changes to see if the driver ahead is not paying attention or fumbling in the glove compartment; if so they get an instant honk.

Being at the front of the line at a traffic light carries certain responsibilites as part of the social contract.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I start looking before the light changes to see if the driver ahead is not paying attention or fumbling in the glove compartment; if so they get an instant honk.

Being at the front of the line at a traffic light carries certain responsibilites as part of the social contract.
Unfortunately, most idiots fail to read this contract!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads