Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2010, 03:35 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Keeping Toddlers Happy During Drives

We have an upcoming 16 hour drive and have a 2.5 year old who is your stereotypical super active little guy.

Any tips on keeping him from pulling out his hair?

He literally did that when we took a 30 hour train ride from San Antonio to Los Angeles. Was just too much.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:44 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We have an upcoming 16 hour drive and have a 2.5 year old who is your stereotypical super active little guy.

Any tips on keeping him from pulling out his hair?

He literally did that when we took a 30 hour train ride from San Antonio to Los Angeles. Was just too much.
Dimeatap....

Old 10-19-2010, 08:50 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
As much as I hated to do it, I bought a portable DVD player. Make sure you get one that can take or has a car charger. I got a pretty cheep one and it could be connected to the headrest of the front seat. The longest drive I have done with my kids is 8 hours. 16 would be death!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 PM  

Pasadena, CA
We would drive from LA to Oregon almost annually. About 14 hours. One time we set it up to drive thru the night. At 1st it seemed to work pretty good. The kids were awake for a couple of hours, slept thru the night, then woke up in time to get there. They traveled happy & well rested.

The problem was that once we got there, we were beat & needed to sleep & the kids were ready to go. Oops. I might do that again if we had someone lined up to take the kids while we slept. Well, not anymore. They're both in their 20s now.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:18 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
x 100 on the videos. My parents used to take us to florida all the time and would have videos going. Only thing that kept us occupied until we were old enough for other things.

Also maybe the color wonder things if he is into that yet. Or a leapfrog thing

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!