Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
My tour of the DMZ in Korea

I thought I would post this since Korea has been in the news lately. You can hear almost everything the tour guide was saying. The only thing I didn't get on video was when we went into the building that straddles the North and South.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:26 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh yeah I went there in 09 when I was on a tour there. It was amazing! The North did a change of guard when were actually inside the border building. I was on a military tour though, and we weren't allowed to shoot video. The South Korean Colonel we were with said for us not to take pictures either because the North could "mistake them as a gun", but of course a bunch of snuck a lot of pictures

Why'd you go to Korea, and where'd you get to go there? I'm a Korean linguist in the Marine Corps.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
That was from when I was in the army. I was there from Feb 2000 to April 2001.
Every now and then we would get the chance to take the tour and when I was able I went. I didn't get to go into the tunnels though.
If you're a Korean linguist, why are you in Hawaii and not in Korea?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
After the Korean war ended, North Korea stipulated that only a certain number of Marines were allowed on the Peninsula in order for them to make peace. Probably because we beat the crap out of them Hence, there's only about 300 Marines stationed on the peninsula - I'm not one of the lucky ones.

I work at NIOC - the Navy Intelligence Operations Command in Kunia. We have to be on American soil, to be able to do the things that the peninsula can't do.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.